Howto Input Password Into Command Prompt

The following script opens a command prompt and requests a password as the result of the -W (compulsory) option

StdoutRead works fine for collecting the program output, but what technique(s) is available to talk to the command prompt and supply the password?

#include <Constants.au3>

Local $rslt = Run("psql.exe -Upostgres -W", @SystemDir, @SW_MAXIMIZE, $STDIN_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

Local $data

While True

$data_temp = StdoutRead($rslt)

$data = $data & $data_temp

If @error Then ExitLoop

Sleep(25)

WEnd

MsgBox(0, "PSQL Data", $data)

MsgBox(0, "Exit", $rslt)

Thanks

Paul Fraser

The following script opens a command prompt and requests a password as the result of the -W (compulsory) option

StdoutRead works fine for collecting the program output, but what technique(s) is available to talk to the command prompt and supply the password?

#include <Constants.au3>

Local $rslt = Run("psql.exe -Upostgres -W", @SystemDir, @SW_MAXIMIZE, $STDIN_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

Local $data

While True

$data_temp = StdoutRead($rslt)

$data = $data & $data_temp

If @error Then ExitLoop

Sleep(25)

WEnd

MsgBox(0, "PSQL Data", $data)

MsgBox(0, "Exit", $rslt)

Thanks

Paul Fraser

There is no good way to write to the console command line (that I know of).

Try this:

$sPassword = "Pa$$word"
$sTemp = @TempDir & "\" & _TempFile(@TempDir)
FileWrite($sTemp, $sPassword & @CR)
Local $rslt = Run('psql.exe -Upostgres -W < "' & $sTemp & '"', @SystemDir, @SW_MAXIMIZE, $STDIN_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
FileDelete($sTemp)

Better would be if you can use ODBC/ADODB connection objects and avoid the console altogether, or use the equivalent of OSQL.exe's trusted connection (Windows authentication).

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

There is no good way to write to the console command line (that I know of).

Try this:

$sPassword = "Pa$$word"
$sTemp = @TempDir & "\" & _TempFile(@TempDir)
FileWrite($sTemp, $sPassword & @CR)
Local $rslt = Run('psql.exe -Upostgres -W < "' & $sTemp & '"', @SystemDir, @SW_MAXIMIZE, $STDIN_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
FileDelete($sTemp)

Better would be if you can use ODBC/ADODB connection objects and avoid the console altogether, or use the equivalent of OSQL.exe's trusted connection (Windows authentication).

;)

Hmmm...your "try this" did not work in my case and considering your comment about the console, it is time for a new approach, JDBC may be my next step.

Thanks for your efforts

Paul