ForumSearch.au3 - offline forum search tool

jennico

hi there,

want to share my little helper. hope you like it.

features:

- autoit forum search

- advanced search

- simple search

- save search results option

- save settings option

- embeds itself to scite (extras menu)

- hotkey: shift-alt-f

- shortcut to autoit start menu

to avoid blocking the script while online, i worked out a little trick. check it out.

as always: no includes, no problems !

j.

ForumSearch.zip

Edited by jennico
Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

thx ! ;) it's just a small scripty....

Excellent work jennico!
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

i just noticed one issue: if you use a different display language of the forum than english (bottom of this page), you have to adjust the script. i never noticed this option before.

this only refers to the lines 53 and 54 in "Engine.au3", easy to change.

j.

Edited by jennico
Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

• 5 months later...

I tried this again and I get this error if I run engine.au3 using the parameter that was generated in the forumsearch script

G:\Scite\forumsearch\Search Results\Engine.au3 (25) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
$oFor=$oIE.document.forms.item("sForm")
$oFor=$oIE.document^ ERROR

XP SP3, AutoIt Production 3.3.0.0

Any suggestions?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.