which is the best way to post a modified script?

Zomp

I want to propose some modifications to a script which has been published in the Example Scripts Forum. Which is the best way to do it? Have I to post all the code, even if I changed only few lines? Or is there any standard method to signal the modified/added lines to an already posted script?

I want to propose some modifications to a script which has been published in the Example Scripts Forum. Which is the best way to do it? Have I to post all the code, even if I changed only few lines? Or is there any standard method to signal the modified/added lines to an already posted script?

Post in the same thread your modifications.

Edited by Andreik

When the words fail... music speaks.

You can edit your old post, no matter how old it is.

Then you can just post "Updated, see first post" in the same topic ;)

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

You can edit your old post, no matter how old it is.

Then you can just post "Updated, see first post" in the same topic ;)

The script I want to correct has been posted by another person. So, now I don't know if I have to repeat in the same thread all the hundreds of code lines including my modifications or just these ones, and in this last case how to point out which parts of the initial code have to be modified/added.

Yes, re-post the entire code so that people may copy and paste. Put it in the original thread and send a PM to the original author about the updates. The original author should put the updates in the first post. If nobody responds, I would just create a new thread on it and give credit where credit is due.