Allow select multiple in listbox but only if Ctrl is held down?

idbirch

Is it possible to get a ListBox to behave like Windows Explorer does with files? i.e rather than just letting multiple items be clicked, make it so ctrl has to be held down? Also, it would be nice if all other items were deselected when clicking an item without Ctrl held down. Can any of this be done? Thanks.

Use the $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT ex-style as STYLE when creating the listview.

Here's an example:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <ListviewConstants.au3>

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 288, 399, 193, 125)
$ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Example items|another col", 10, 14, 259, 351,$LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT);Note that it's not in the ex-style parameter
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Item 1|Itemmm",$ListView1)
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Item 2|Itemmm",$ListView1)
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Item 3|Itemmm",$ListView1)
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Item 4|Itemmm",$ListView1)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

Note that you can also select many of them by dragging the cursor from below and selecting an area like you do in windows explorer. So it does everything you want and more ;)

Edited by Nahuel

Use the $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT ex-style as STYLE when creating the listview.

Here's an example:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <ListviewConstants.au3>

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 288, 399, 193, 125)
$ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Example items|another col", 10, 14, 259, 351,$LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT);Note that it's not in the ex-style parameter
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Item 1|Itemmm",$ListView1)
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Item 2|Itemmm",$ListView1)
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Item 3|Itemmm",$ListView1)
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Item 4|Itemmm",$ListView1)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

Note that you can also select many of them by dragging the cursor from below and selecting an area like you do in windows explorer. So it does everything you want and more ;)

I don't think it's what the op is after, I could be wrong but the op mentions a Listbox, Ctrl key and multiselect...

Also you left a parameter out, your using the EX_Style in the Style parameters space

$ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Example items|another col", 10, 14, 259, 351,$LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT);Note that it's not in the ex-style parameteroÝ÷ Ù(hºW[y«­¢+ØÀÌØí1¥ÍÑY¥ÜÄôU%
Ñɱ
ÉÑ1¥ÍÑY¥Ü ÅÕ½ÐíáµÁ±¥ÑµÍñ¹½Ñ¡È½°ÅÕ½Ðì°ÄÀ°ÄаÈÔä°ÌÔÄ°´Ä°ÀÌØí1YM}a}U11I=]M1
P¤

Cheers

Also you left a parameter out, your using the EX_Style in the Style parameters space

AutoIt$ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Example items|another col", 10, 14, 259, 351,$LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT);Note that it's not in the ex-style parameter

Should be

AutoIt$ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Example items|another col", 10, 14, 259, 351, -1, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT)
Cheers
Well... if you do it the way you say, it doesn't work. It doesn't allow multiselect and doesn't do what the op wanted. That's why I said:

Use the $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT ex-style as STYLE

;)

Something like

$ListBox = GUICtrlCreateList("", 5, 5, 100, 200, BitOR($LBS_MULTIPLESEL, $LBS_EXTENDEDSEL))
That's it! I feel a bit of a fool now as it's so simple. I hadn't found the $LBS_EXTENDEDSEL style as I was looking at the GUICtrlCreateList article in the help file. Now you've shown me the name of the style I need, I've found it in the help file under _GUICtrlListBox_Create. I added the style to GUICtrlCreateList and it works fine so why is it not mentioned under the GUICtrlCreateList section of the help file? Anyway, nevermind that, thanks very much for your help.

To get ListView multiple select you must disable the AutoIt default syle $LVS_SINGLESEL (0x4) bit flag. Extended style $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT (0x20) works as a style param because it clears bit 2, but it is effectively style $LVS_SORTDESCENDING. So something like

$ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Example items|another col", 10, 14, 259, 351, 0, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT)oÝ÷ ÚÚºÚ"µÍÌÍÓÝY]ÌHHÕRPÝÜX]SÝY]Ê   ][ÝÑ^[H][ß[ÝÛÛ    ][ÝËLMNKÍLK]Ü   ÌÍÓ×ÔTÔ   ÌÍÓ×ÔÒÕÔÑSSÐVTÊK ÌÍÓ×ÑVÑSÕÔÑSPÕ
Maybe AutoIt help should mention this.