Spawning multiple instances

I'm writing a simple DxDiag reporting tool for an online gaming unit, and it worked fine until I went to add the ProcessList() function. Now that I have added it, it begins to loop at the beginning, and I can't even test if it works, I've tried undoing the changes, but it still does not work

I've attached the complete source code for anyone who wants to take a peek at it, it probably isn't as optimized as it can be, I just want to make sure that it works they way I want it to before I give it out.

Thanks

dx2.au3

Writing AutoIt scripts since

_DateAdd("d", -2, _NowCalcDate())

• 2 weeks later...

*bump* Is there anything wrong with the coding, functionality wise?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

>"C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\AutoIt\SciTe\au3check\au3check" "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\AutoIt\User Scripts\blah.au3"

AutoIt3 Syntax Checker v1.26  Copyright © Tylo 2005

C:\Documents and Settings\U256655\Desktop\AutoIt\User Scripts\blah.au3 - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

>Exit code: 0    Time: 0.247

Syntactically correct.

Process seems to be coded correctly, the logic follows a proper pattern, I don't see the error..... I've tried changing the RunWait command, but dxdiag is not even running...........

I've even taken out your unnecessary While $go = "yes" loop.... Hmm... Puzzler.

DxDag doesn't seem to be accepting the command line parameters.......I can run dxdiag by itself, but when I try to pass to it, it doesn't even run.

Edited by Blue_Drache

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

I just ran the script with Opt("TrayIconDebug", 1).

For me (WinXP SP2, English) the script hangs on line 48 becuase the title is wrong and should be WinWaitActive("DxDiag.txt - Notepad")

Also, instead of using notepad to copy to the clipboard after, you could simply keep track of the fileWriteLine and use ClipPut at the end:

Dim $text = ""
for $i = 1 to $list[0][0]
   FileWriteLine($file, "" & $list[$i][0] & "{TAB}{TAB}" & $list[$i][1])
   $text = $text & $list[$i][0] & "{TAB}{TAB}" & $list[$i][1] & @CRLF 
next
ClipPut($text)

The FileCreateShortcut could be optimized; someone posted a function that takes a website URL and opens it in your default web browser.....

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

The title of the Notepad window changes with Folder Option settings. I'll dig up that Opt() function again to change that in the program, and just search for the dxdiag part in the title.

Edit: How would I just finish the processlist while loop, and then read the entire file, I know how to do it in php, I just can't find the function that reads the length of a text file...

Edited by MSLx Fanboy

Yea! It works much better now. I guess that it might have just been caching it. I edited it a tiny bit, I'll attach the source code...

hehe, I just realized that it actually inserts "{TAB}{TAB}" into the file, instead of the '\t' raw character...I'll get that fixed and upload the file.

Edit: Cleaned up code a smidgen, still have {TAB}{TAB} error (now {TAB 2})

dx.au3

Edited by MSLx Fanboy

wow, am I an idiot...It's taken me nearly 3 hours to figure out how to solve the problem...the {TAB} only works for the Send function, else I use the actual tab key in the Filewriteline...It's all good now...

Thanks!

Feel free to modify the source code

dx.au3