Get file version from internet?

Hi,

Is it possible to retrieve the file timestamp from a server? I am trying to write a script that checks for updates and if the file is newer than the installed version then download it and install.

At the moment I am compiling the latest version of the file with my script which I then redistribute to my clients. The script checks if the insalled version is older than the compiled version and if it is then it installs this new file. This is a very time consuming and inefficient way of doing things.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Is it possible to retrieve the file timestamp from a server? I am trying to write a script that checks for updates and if the file is newer than the installed version then download it and install.

At the moment I am compiling the latest version of the file with my script which I then redistribute to my clients. The script checks if the insalled version is older than the compiled version and if it is then it installs this new file. This is a very time consuming and inefficient way of doing things.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have an INI on the server:

FileVersion.ini

[FileInfo]

Version = 1.5

Download= Http://www.myserverlocation.com/Files/Version1.5.exe

Have an INI on the server:

FileVersion.ini

[FileInfo]

Version = 1.5

Download= Http://www.myserverlocation.com/Files/Version1.5.exe

Thanks but I should have said in my post that I need to do this on an ftp server, "ftp.download.cg.yu/sistem/" for example.

My initial thoughts were to use the InetGet() function and download to the desktop, do the comparison using function FileGetTime() but I wanted to avoid downloading if the file is not newer.

Edited by tinkythomas

Thanks but I should have said in my post that I need to do this on an ftp server, "ftp.download.cg.yu/sistem/" for example.

My initial thoughts were to use the InetGet() function and download to the desktop, do the comparison using function FileGetTime() but I wanted to avoid downloading if the file is not newer.

See here