How to lock folder

d3mon

i don't know how to do it but i created a software which used this idea, create a desktop.ini file inside the folder with this

[.ShellClassInfo]

CLSID={645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}

and set folder and it's attribs to System+Hidden, now create another exe to change it back using a password. by this method you can lock and unlock any folder (Not Really). remember to disable "Show System files" using registry.

and in autoit you can try a very easy way!

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)
While 1
    If WinExists("My Folder Name") Then
        WinSetState("My Folder NAme", "", @SW_HIDE)
        MsgBox(0, "Folder locked", "Press ok to give the pass and enter into folder.")
; ask for the password here and set the window state again to @SW_SHOW
    EndIf
    Sleep(500)
WEnd

i know this is not a perfect way but i am just giving you the idea not a full working code!, i also want to know more about it. please let me know by PM if your problem got resolved 100%.

Edited by ChromeFan
Website: www.cerescode.comForum: www.forum.cerescode.comIRC: irc.freenode.net , Channel: #Ceres--------------------Autoit Wrappers, Great additions to your script (Must See) (By: Valuater)Read It Befor Asking Question Click Here...--------------------Join Monoceres's Forums http://www.monoceres.se--------------------There are three kinds of people: Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who ask, ‘What happened?’” –Casey Stengel

have you tried this DOS command?

CACLS c:\program files\{whatever} /E /T /C /G "Domain Users":F

AutoIt Code

RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c CACLS "c:\program files\{whatever}" /E /T /C /G "Domain Users":F','',@sw_hide)

Another One is

_RunDOS("cacls " & '"d:\" & @UserName' & " /T /G " & @UserName & ":F /G Admin:F")

for more information about these commands "Help"

Edited by ChromeFan
Website: www.cerescode.comForum: www.forum.cerescode.comIRC: irc.freenode.net , Channel: #Ceres--------------------Autoit Wrappers, Great additions to your script (Must See) (By: Valuater)Read It Befor Asking Question Click Here...--------------------Join Monoceres's Forums http://www.monoceres.se--------------------There are three kinds of people: Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who ask, ‘What happened?’” –Casey Stengel