SciTE Help Files

jfcby

Hi,

When I click Help under the Help Menu to open the AutoIT3 help file I get this error:

Error while launching: "..\AutoIt3\Autoit3Help.exe" with Parans: "#region" The specified was not found

Also, the SciTE Help in the help menu will not open that file either.

Where is the config file in the SciTE help files paths located so that the AutoIT3 and SciTE help files can be modified?

Thank you for your help,

jfcby

Determined -- Devoted -- Delivered Make your mind up -- to seriously apply yourself -- accomplishing the desired results. **** A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1 KJB ****

Hi,

I found the AutoIT3 help file path at this location: (SciTE > properties > au3.properties) and modified line 7 from autoit3dir=..\AutoIt3 to autoit3dir=..

After reading through the SciTE Documentation here http://www.scintilla.org/SciTEDoc.html I need some help with the SciTE Help File still having trouble with the path. This is what I've found out so far

I think my problem is in SciTEGlobal.properties files at line 217:

command.scite.help= "file://$(SciteDefaultHome)\Scite4AutoIt3.chm"

Changed the path to: "$(SciteDefaultHome)\Scite4AutoIt3.chm", "Scite4AutoIt3.chm", Scite4AutoIt3.chm and none of them worked.

Is the SciTEGlobal.properties the correct file to modify the path to the help file?

If so, What is the correct path to the help file?

If not, Which file should I modfy the path in and What is the path to the help file?

Thank you for your help,

jfcby

Determined -- Devoted -- Delivered Make your mind up -- to seriously apply yourself -- accomplishing the desired results. **** A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1 KJB ****

Problem 1:

SciTE help file would not open/run when the menu button was clicked: Help > SciTE Help

Problem 2:

SciTE the AutoIT3 help file would not open/run when the menu was clicked: Help > Help

The problem was corrupted au3.properties and SciTEGlobal.properties files, and the SciTE.exe program.

There are two ways to to fix the problem:

1. Simple Easy Fix:

Go to SciTe Zip File redownload it. If you have not made any changes to your SciTE folder then delete the old folder and replace it with the new folder.

Then before any changes is made open/run SciTe.exe and test to see if the help files will work. If they do not work modify the au3.properties file (Location: SciTe > properties > au3.properties) and change line 7 (autoit3dir=..\AutoIt3) to the AutoIt3 folder location. If you get the message that another program has modified this file and do you want to accept the changes CLICK NO, DO NOT ACCEPT THE CHANGES because if you do then your help files will not work.

2. Advance User Fix:

Delete Files:

- au3.properties located: SciTe > properties > au3.properties

- SciTEGlobal.properties located: SciTe > SciTEGlobal.properties

- SciTE.exe located: SciTe > SciTE.exe

Download File:

Go to SciTe Zip File redownload it.

Unzip above file then refer to "Delete Files" above to copy the same files fro the new SciTe downloaded folder to your SciTe folder.

TEST:

Before making any changes to the au3.properties file test the SciTE.exe help files to see if the open/run.

If the AutoIt3 help file does not run then modify the au3.properties file (Location: SciTe > properties > au3.properties) and change line 7 (autoit3dir=..\AutoIt3) to the AutoIt3 folder location. If you get the message that another program has modified this file and do you want to accept the changes CLICK NO, DO NOT ACCEPT THE CHANGES because if you do then your help files will not work.

Problem Solved,

jfcby

Edited by jfcby