Selecting From a ComboBox

Dryden

Well I'm going in circles with this...

I have an external program that uses dropboxes, and what I want is to make a script that controls them.

I already know the instance and class of each one of the dropboxes, but that doesn't seem enough.

For example. In this case I have a dropbox and one of the options in it is Saida, so I Use this:

$direccao="Saída"
ControlSetText("Criar\Editar comunicação", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]", $direccao)

At first it seems to work, but when I press OK, to confirm, the dopbox is confirmed empty. Basicaly "Saida" was not selected, it only showed that, but even if I replace "Saida" by any other option even if it is an option that doesn't exist, the program accepts it, but when I press ok it's all empty...

Any Ideas?

Edited by Dryden

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett.

I have an external program that uses dropboxes, and what I want is to make a script that controls them.

I already know the instance and class of each one of the dropboxes, but that doesn't seem enough.

For example. In this case I have a dropbox and one of the options in it is Saida, so I Use this:

$direccao="Saída"
ControlSetText("Criar\Editar comunicação", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]", $direccao)

At first it seems to work, but when I press OK, to confirm, the dopbox is confirmed empty. Basicaly "Saida" was not selected, it only showed that, but even if I replace "Saida" by any other option even if it is an option that doesn't exist, the program accepts it, but when I press ok it's all empty...

Any Ideas?

Try using Send("{ENTER}") to select the item.

tbodine

Try using Send("{ENTER}") to select the item.

That's about how I'm using it right now, the problem with Send is that the window has to be in focus...

The way I use it now is: I select the 1st control and then my script works with TAB and other key sends to fill the entire thing.

But I'm looking for a way to fill all the textboxes and dropboxes even if the window is hidden or minimized.

Edited by Dryden

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett.

Try using ControlSend()

Doesn't work... It sends some random chars to the controls, but it doesn't even send the text I want.

$direccao="Saída"

Any Ideas?

A control with a ClassNameNN of Edit1 ("[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]") is NOT a "dropbox". That would be a ComboBox, most likely. I think you are addressing the wrong control.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

A control with a ClassNameNN of Edit1 ("[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]") is NOT a "dropbox". That would be a ComboBox, most likely. I think you are addressing the wrong control.

Yes, that what I meant, it's a ComboBox...

I want to select a value from a combobox. That is the right class and instance.

Anyone?

Yes, that what I meant, it's a ComboBox...

I want to select a value from a combobox. That is the right class and instance.

Anyone?

Well, it still seems unlikely that you have the right control ID, but ControlSetText() is not the right way to select and item in a ComboBox anyway. It would look more like:
ControlCommand("Criar\Editar comunicação", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]", "SelectString", $direccao)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law