Problem in getting window/control text

Sten

I am trying to get text from TAdvStringGrid control. Control get text/window get text returns nothing. Is there any other alternative way like process memory read/dll call to get text of TAdvStringGrid? Please see the control screen shot & AutoitInfo screen shot of TAdvStringGrid control.

post-39925-1220714956_thumb.gif

post-39925-1220714993_thumb.gif

Thanks for your input Champak. I have tried GUICtrlListView & GUICtrlListBox management functions. It doesn't work out. I just want to get row by row/entire records in that grid control. Any input will be more helpful to me. If anyone came across the same kind of issue, pls. throw some light.

Thanks for your input Champak. I have tried GUICtrlListView & GUICtrlListBox management functions. It doesn't work out. I just want to get row by row/entire records in that grid control. Any input will be more helpful to me. If anyone came across the same kind of issue, pls. throw some light.

Some of these grid controls can be quite difficult to automate. One method that I find usually works is to use Send() to send keystrokes to navigate to the cell you want to read the Send("{CTRL}c") to copy the contents to the clipboard and then use ClipGet ( ) to read the value.

Something like this

Send("{DOWN 3}")
Send("{LEFT 2}")
Send("{CTRL}c")
$Value = ClipGet()

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook