Sending a key problem

Borje

Send("^c")

Search autoit help file for send or Send Key List

Edited by goldenix
My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

If that doesn't work for you, and you are trying to emulate a Windows "Copy" - (CONTROL-C) you might want to try:

CODE
Send("^+{C}")

Function Send in autoit help; this syntax is tricky

You might not want to try that because instead of copying the highlighted text it will overwrite it. It certainly is not the same as Send("^c").

I assume you didn't try that before you posted tedhill3470, so I think you should. Highlight some text and then run Send("^+{C}") and see what happens.

The + sign in Send means shift as the help which you refer to will tell you. I assume {C} is something you made up.

To copy both of these will work

Send("^c")

Send("^{INS}")

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Since Borje didn't specifically say he was highlighting text and then sending "a ( ctrl c )"

(he just asked how to send a ctrl c); but your interpretation is perfectly logical, he just didn't say it;

and that just yesterday on my first every script I had to figure out how to paste something into another application,

and if there is text in the clipboard Send ("^+{V}") actually works to paste text, (I assume you didn't try that <g>) I assumed that ("^+{C}") would work syntax being consistent;

Way too many assumptions with my lack of experience in this language, and I do apologize to Borje and the forum, but certainly the intent was to help not to mislead.