automate tasks in photoshop

Hi, I am new to autoit and would like some help adjusting images using adobe photoshop.

I am working on a project for my company and what I'm trying to do is open an image one at a time (1000+) from a folder and do some manipulation (resize, etc.) and then save it as gif.

I've managed to figure out how to adjust a image using Send() keystrokes. What I'm having trouble with is knowing what images exist in my system folder and opening up each image one at a time (sequentially) in photoshop to perform my manipulation.

Any help would be appreciated.

I apologize if similar questions have been asked before. I searched the forum and could not find an specific answer.

Photoshop is a huge program, and different tasks may require different methods. First of all, if you tasks not very coplex (just resize, crop etc) I recommend to use graphics tools that works from commandline. One I know - XNView, it have commandline converter with the bunch of functions (it's become shareware recently, but I think not so hard to find last free version). It's much more reliable than working with Photoshop controls.

For finding files you can use Larry's FileSearch UDF - look here. It return an array of files that match given mask. After that you can use loop and made you actions. For example:

$a = _FileSearch("*.bmp", 1)
If $a[0] > 0 Then
    For $i = 1 to $a[0]
    ; You actions here
    Next
EndIf

Hi, I am new to autoit and would like some help adjusting images using adobe photoshop.

I am working on a project for my company and what I'm trying to do is open an image one at a time (1000+) from a folder and do some manipulation (resize, etc.) and then save it as gif.

I've managed to figure out how to adjust a image using Send() keystrokes.  What I'm having trouble with is knowing what images exist in my system folder and opening up each image one at a time (sequentially) in photoshop to perform my manipulation.

Any help would be appreciated.

I apologize if similar questions have been asked before.  I searched the forum and could not find an specific answer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can record and automate tasks within Photoshop, you may want to check that out. I did it long ago on a few hundred images. Here is something to get you started.

http://user.fundy.net/morris/redirect.html?photoshop21.shtml