Controlling completely hidden applications

I am trying to create and control a MS PowerPoint viewer and automatically open and then print a powerpoint presentation, but I want to completely hide the MS PowerPoint point GUI from the user.

I have tried to automate Notepad.exe, and I can use the @SW_HIDE when using the Run() function, but any subsequent dialogs (save as, file already exists, etc.) display in the foreground.

Can someone please suggest a way to completely hide an application and still be able to control with the AutoIt?

I have thought of the following ideas, but I am not sure how practical they are:

1. Create a dialog application or GUI within AutoIt, and have this screen be always on top, so as to obscure the underlying applicaiton.

2. Create the application to be controlled on a 'fake' monitor.

Thanks for any help.

I am trying to create and control a MS PowerPoint viewer and automatically open and then print a powerpoint presentation, but I want to completely hide the MS PowerPoint point GUI from the user.

I have tried to automate Notepad.exe, and I can use the @SW_HIDE when using the Run() function, but any subsequent dialogs (save as, file already exists, etc.) display in the foreground.

Can someone please suggest a way to completely hide an application and still be able to control with the AutoIt?

I have thought of the following ideas, but I am not sure how practical they are:

1. Create a dialog application or GUI within AutoIt, and have this screen be always on top, so as to obscure the underlying applicaiton.

2. Create the application to be controlled on a 'fake' monitor.

Thanks for any help.

You could move the window to screen coordinates that are off-screen, like x = @DesktopWidth + 1.

Better would be to use the COM interface to execute all your required actions (if possible), so no GUI interaction is required in the first place. I don't have any experience with that interface in PowerPoint, but more information should be easy to find.

:)

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law