How to click a tab?

h711

I know how to get the index of a tab, but I didn't see any thing like _Click under _GUICtrlTab. Any ideas?

$DeviceSettingTabIndex=_GUICtrlTab_FindTab($Property_hwnd,"Device Settings")

Btw, is there another way to id a tab besides the tab name? On English OSes I know this table is called "Device Settings", but if I use my script on a non-English OS, the string will be different.

_GUICtrlTab_SetCurSel() ?

You can set the current tab selection like this:

GUICtrlSetState($hTab1, $GUI_SHOW)oÝ÷ Ù.q©ÚÊ zÛaxè~Ø^rêëz{mi¹bëaÆ®¶­sduT7G&Å&VBb33c´F$Öâ

:)

I know how to get the index of a tab, but I didn't see any thing like _Click under _GUICtrlTab. Any ideas?

$DeviceSettingTabIndex=_GUICtrlTab_FindTab($Property_hwnd,"Device Settings")
The problem with _GuiCtrlTab_SetCurSel() and _GuiCtrlTab_SetFocus() is that neither triggers the same window message to the parent app that you get from clicking it. But Gary has come though for us!

Grab the latest Beta and you get: _GUICtrlTab_ClickTab()

Btw, is there another way to id a tab besides the tab name? On English OSes I know this table is called "Device Settings", but if I use my script on a non-English OS, the string will be different.

In the GuiTab.au3 UDF functions, you almost always specify the tab by 0-based index number.

>_<

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Thanks for the help!!!

_GUICtrlTab_SetCurSel()
will change the tab without change the page.

GUICtrlSetState($hTab1, $GUI_SHOW)
I just cannot get this one right. I try to change a printer's properties dialog box from page/tab "General" to "Device settings".

The problem with _GuiCtrlTab_SetCurSel() and _GuiCtrlTab_SetFocus() is that neither triggers the same window message to the parent app that you get from clicking it. But Gary has come though for us!

autoit-v3.2.13.7-beta-setup.exe? Do I need to uninstall AutoIt v3.2.12.1 first?

autoit-v3.2.13.7-beta-setup.exe?

Yes, that's the current Beta.

Do I need to uninstall AutoIt v3.2.12.1 first?

No, you should leave the production version alone and install the Beta along with it. When you install a Beta, it will prompt you to uninstall any prior Beta versions, and you should do that, but it won't touch the Prod version.

In SciTE, you will have F5 and F7 for Run/Compile with the Prod version, and then also Alt-F5 and Alt-F7 to Run/Compile with the Beta.

Be sure to get the latest version of SciTE4AutoIt3 while you're at it, so the current Beta syntax is present for SciTE.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law