366 posts in this topic
- Compile script faster
- Using Hotkey, no GUI
- Using *.BAT and *.VBS script to compile
- Full info for *.exe file. Ex: Software name, version, companyname ...
Full detail and download here:
Weird story. Been using Autoit for more than a year now. But recently moved to a new machine, so did a fresh install, and suddenly I saw menus I never saw before in the editor.
For example, I Always used to have: Tools>Compile and then it would compile my au3 code. Now, the tools menu has a lot of options but after pressing Compile it goes to a whole new screen specifically for au3 code to select more options, also it debugs my code, which prevents compiling if badly coded.
Of course this is fine, but I would really like to recompile some old crappy code I wrote, regardless of the mistakes that are still in there, also I am really used to the old setup I had,
so kind of not done, but how do i get this 'bad' configuration back? Does it have to do with the au3.properties file? What should I do with it....
This isn't any urgent issue, but more a curiosity on my part.
Looking at the Pragma Compile Directives page of the help file, FileVersion and ProductVersion both have "last parameter being optional" in the Parameters description. Is there any documentation on what that last parameter is/does?
If I create a service to run a program , Application window cannot Appear - How can I make the App window visible
I'm unable to display a message box from a compiled AutoIt alerting script that is executed from a service (also a compiled AutoIt script). I used $MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION, but the dialog doesn't appear and the alerting script continues as if the OK button had been clicked. The service script uses ShellExecute() to launch the alerter (as opposed to a *Wait() call) so it can continue processing. Note that we used Windows Service Wrapper (winsw) to turn the compiled script into a service but haven't identified any issues from it.
I tried the one-line execute example given in this thread: Message box timeout not working
; 2097152 = $MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION $iPID = Run(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "MsgBox(2097152, ''' & $sTitle & ''', ''' & $sText & ''')"') without the timeout code, but no luck: the MsgBox does not appear. (In any case, we don't have AutoIt installed on the target system, so it would have to be converted into a .exe file.)
We're developing and unit-testing on Win 7 Enterprise; the target OS is Win 7 Pro, and the AutoIt version is 184.108.40.206.
Any solutions or suggestions will be much appreciated. Code fragments are below.
The following code fragment is the relevant portion of the alerting script that displays the MsgBox:
[...] ; Alert the operator that there's a problem with the recording $sFeed = $aRecInfo $sSession = $aRecInfo $sTemp = $aRecInfo $sDate = _FormatDate($sTemp) $sTemp = $aRecInfo $sTime = _FormatTime($sTemp) _Debug2("Inactive recording feed " & $sFeed & ", Session=" & $sSession & ", Start Date/Time=" & _ $sDate & " " & $sTime) $sErrorMsg = "ERROR: Feed " & $sFeed & " for session " & $sSession & " stopped, notify reporter immediately" $iMbFlag = $MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION _Debug1("Displaying MsgBox...") MsgBox($iMbFlag, "INTERVIEW RECORDING ERROR", $sErrorMsg) _Debug1("Returned from MsgBox") [...]
And the calling code fragment in the service is:
; Walk through the array backwards so we don't end up evaluating an index that doesn't exist For $iIndex = UBound($aFeedArray)-1 To 0 Step -1 [...] ; Before timing-out the feed, check for a .mpgpart file (=> feed may still be recording) $sDirPath = $sDirTemp & "\" & $sFeedTemp & "\" & $aFeedArray[$iIndex][$cSessionName] $sMpgPartName = GetMpgPart($sDirPath, $sFeedTemp) If StringLen($sMpgPartName) > 0 Then ; If .mpgpart file name hasn't changed in more than $iDeadFeedTime seconds, then declare feed dead ; ========v Test code to force error v======== $sMpgPartName = $aFeedArray[$iIndex][$cMpgPartName] ; ========^ Test code to force error ^======== _Debug2("Just set $sMpgPartName to '" & $sMpgPartName & "', should fall into dead-feed code") If $sMpgPartName = $aFeedArray[$iIndex][$cMpgPartName] Then ; Name is same => feed is dead: alert the operator and delete the feed w/out stop-processing _Debug2("Feed " & $sFeedTemp & " looks dead -- alerting the operator") _Debug2("Delete GUID " & $aFeedArray[$iIndex][$cGUID]) ; ======== Alert app execution ======== ; $sAlertApp = @ScriptDir & "\" & "RecAlert.exe" $iChildPid = ShellExecute($sAlertApp, $sDirPath, "", "open") _Debug2("Alert app: ShellExecute(): " & _RetStr($iChildPid, @error, @extended)) _ArrayDelete($aFeedArray, $iIndex) Else ; Otherwise, the .mpgpart name has changed, reset the timer, store the name, and continue _Debug2("Feed " & $sFeedTemp & " timeout, but has new .mpgpart file -- continuing") $aFeedArray[$iIndex][$cDateTime] = TimerInit() $aFeedArray[$iIndex][$cMpgPartName] = $sMpgPartName EndIf ContinueLoop EndIf [...] Next