macro recorder?

beestinga

I seem to remember several years and versions ago, one of the primary features of autoit was an intuitive and powerful macro recording feature,

whereby a user could hit record, perform several actions, and then stop recording.

The user could then use the, at that time much more elementary, autoit scripting language to modify the script and hack it up.

Am I completely confused, or does such a tool not exist any more? I would very much like to have a utility that record my mouse location, how long i hold things for, keypresses, etc. I realize that I can do this myself with the use of the window info utility, but I could swear that I remember using something like this in the past.

I know that there are other macro recording softwares out there, but I would like to have the power of autoit and the ability to hack 'n' slash my macros to pieces after recording.

-Confused in TX

You need to have Scite4AutoIt3 (kind of a "full edition") that comes with all the utilities. Here's a link: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/downloads.shtml

Oh, thanks guys! This is exactly what i needed!

Last thing - is there a way to force it to record how long the mouse pauses at certain places or how long it holds down the mousebutton?

Thanks again for your help!