how to restart a computer and log in as the admin

Pies

hi guys!

Well, ive been studying autoit for some weeks now, and I now know how to automate some programs or app or do something i wanna do. But what I wanna do now is to reboot my computer, ive been searching for some code in autoit on how to do that but cant find one. I know how to reboot a computer in vb6, im thinking to reboot the computer using the vb6 .exe but after rebooting the computer, I need to type the ctrl+alt+del then type in the username and password. Can you help me how to automate this plz?

"Failure is the key to success. So try and try until you succeed!"

hi guys!

Well, ive been studying autoit for some weeks now, and I now know how to automate some programs or app or do something i wanna do. But what I wanna do now is to reboot my computer, ive been searching for some code in autoit on how to do that but cant find one. I know how to reboot a computer in vb6, im thinking to reboot the computer using the vb6 .exe but after rebooting the computer, I need to type the ctrl+alt+del then type in the username and password. Can you help me how to automate this plz?

I don't think there is an easy way to perform a login by automating the the login process; however, you can create a few registry keys that will attempt to login using the desired credentials.

You could write a script to write these keys and delete them.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315231

Thanks for the shutdown code.

Anyway, I just found this thread on

Click This

It's something what I wanna do. Except that I don't wanna reboot my computer again and again. Btw, can you tell me where to find the windows startup folder? Because I think that code should be saved in the windows startup folder. And not in the user's start up folder.

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Startmenü\Programme\Autostart

I dont think that's the right path to run the automated .exe in logging in as the admin. I can run the .exe files in the start up folder after logging in as the user. But what I wanna do is to run the .exe file, which is the automated log in program before logging in as the user.