IMP (Inferno Media Project)

Tomb

Posted ImageINFERNO MEDIA PROJECTPosted Image

(download link at the bottom of the post)

Info

I've been working on this media player for some time.

I wanted to make a media player that would be entirely in the tray menu. (completely out of the way)

and i didn't want to have a lack of features. (just because its out of the way, it still has to be fully functional)

I started with building the basic working prototype, and then used holger's tray udf to make it pretty.

So here i share with you the Inferno Media Project, previously referred to as "AudioTray" or "Super Secret Media Project 1.1"

Features

Play - resume from pause

Pause - take a little break

Next - move to the previous song

Previous - move to the next song

Choose Folder - browse to a folder you would like to listen to music from

Shuffle - toggle shuffle choosing random song from the list with each song switch

Choose song - with advanced use of arrays pick a song from the folder you chose with "choose folder"

Volume - slider for adjusting wave volume

Options - some added features such as quick launch icons or changing the current album image

Exit - say goodbye until tomorrow

Getting Started

1. Run the executable. it is called IMP.exe. it will install IMP.dll (this contains the resources (icons) for the media player)

2. You will notice a fire burning in your tray icon. (do not call 911, your pc is not on fire, its just an animation) Give it a left click

3. You will notice that the only available features at this point are "Choose Folder" and "Exit" press Choose Folder

4. This will have opened a choose folder dialog. browse to a folder containing the supported file types (.mp3, .wmp, .wav)

If you choose a folder with no music, you will be prompted to try again.

Once you have found a folder with supported file types, they will be added to the choose song menu, and any album images found in the folder will be converted and resized to .bmp images that will fit in the side menu. (the original images will remain untouched, the new images can be found in your temp directory in a folder called "images".

5. control your volume, browse to a song you like, pause your music, try out some features.

Alternate Controls

although you can run IMP just fine with the tray controls, there are afew shortcuts.

Left Click Tray Icon - opens the IMP menu

Right Click Tray Icon - Toggle Play/Pause

Double Left Click Tray Icon - go to Previous song

Double Right Click Tray Icon - go to Next song

Questions

If you have any questions,i would be happy to answer them.

If you have any comments or suggestions, feel free to share them.

Screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Removed some broken links.

IMP.au3

Edited by Tomb

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It adds kinda slow, but thats ok! Dude, this is really, REALLY, REALLY, SWEETT!!! I love the burning fire at the bottom. I like the no-GUI for some reason, and I just love this thing for some reason? I love that .dll with all the resources too! It should be hidden in the windows directory though. Very very very very good animates, and just the tray is magnificent. Love it dude!! I am amazed.

THANK YOU FOR POSTING!

You've made it into my signature if that matters at all!

EDIT: Whoa, One right click pauses it, 2 right clicks next!? Wow!! Amazing dude!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Alienware

It adds kinda slow, but thats ok! Dude, this is really, REALLY, REALLY, SWEETT!!! I love the burning fire at the bottom. I like the no-GUI for some reason, and I just love this thing for some reason? I love that .dll with all the resources too! It should be hidden in the windows directory though. Very very very very good animates, and just the tray is magnificent. Love it dude!! I am amazed.

THANK YOU FOR POSTING!

You've made it into my signature if that matters at all!

i am very glad you like it.

i have spent many long nights working on it.

it means alot being added into your sig. i feel like the :)

i am very glad you like it.

i have spent many long nights working on it.

it means alot being added into your sig. i feel like the :)

Heh, well thanks! I love this dude. I have an idea'r. Maybe when you choose album artwork, not sure if yours is like mine, but mine is like ALBUMART{156456s4d566f46as4f65a4sf564}.jpg. It would be cool to have your mouse go over it, and load a mini image of it!

Heh, well thanks! I love this dude. I have an idea'r. Maybe when you choose album artwork, not sure if yours is like mine, but mine is like ALBUMART{156456s4d566f46as4f65a4sf564}.jpg. It would be cool to have your mouse go over it, and load a mini image of it!

that might be possible. the only thing is, when you have a tray menu open, the app is just polling the tray for events. it recognizes clicks, but im not sure how it could recognize just the mouse over an item.

Aha! That is true. Is it just me, or does it re-add all the music, and convert it everytime? I was using the add folder option, but i click cancel, and then it said are you sure...blah, and i said no, and then it just exited! But, when I restarted it, it said, you choose this one and would you like to use it again, and I said yes, and then it had to readd it all. What happens if I have 80GB of music?

EDIT: Should have status on tray! :)

Edited by Alienware

I got an array subscript error the first time I added music. It added most of the files then showed the album art and then crashed. I have Vista if that matters at all.

Ok, I tried a different folder and it worked. I might be some problem with there being a jpg in the folder with the one it crashed on.

Good work on the program. Although the fire icon is cool, it annoys me.

The menu is cool except I think the IMP is a bit too huge since it's almost half the whole menu.

The volume control is too tiny in my opinion. I didn't even see it the first two times I tried changing the volume.

Set Image under options does nothing.

This is a nice program..

Edited by Achilles
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Aha! That is true. Is it just me, or does it re-add all the music, and convert it everytime? I was using the add folder option, but i click cancel, and then it said are you sure...blah, and i said no, and then it just exited! But, when I restarted it, it said, you choose this one and would you like to use it again, and I said yes, and then it had to readd it all. What happens if I have 80GB of music?

yeah it readds all of the music and converts the images each time.

the reasons for this is because often music album art for different folders have the same name (not the ALBUMART{156456s4d566f46as4f65a4sf564}.jpg type) but the albumartsmall.jpg and folder.jpg and various other names are pretty common. for this reason, when it adds the images to the images folder, often old album art is overwritten, with having similar names. to make sure the images added are correct, its best if they are readded each time.

you did give me one good idea however. right now when items are added and the images are converted, there is a certain sleep time. if the amount of songs were say, over 50, it could use a faster sleep time.

I got an array subscript error the first time I added music. It added most of the files then showed the album art and then crashed. I have Vista if that matters at all.

try redownloading it.

i corrected that bug and reuploaded it 4 minutes ago.

did you download more then 4 mintues ago?

edit: 8 minutes ago

Edited by Tomb616

Ok, I tried a different folder and it worked. I might be some problem with there being a jpg in the folder with the one it crashed on.

Good work on the program. Although the fire icon is cool, it annoys me.

The menu is cool except I think the IMP is a bit too huge since it's almost half the whole menu.

The volume control is too tiny in my opinion. I didn't even see it the first two times I tried changing the volume.

Set Image under options does nothing.

This is a nice program..

the crash was the result of setting the side image to an array item that didnt exist (fixed it)

the big IMP image should be replaced with album art if its found.

i agree the volume is tiny. i think i will resize it some.

Hi @ all

I would love to try it, but here at work I get a weird message when trying to download. I thought I'd share the info here...

"This request is blocked by the SonicWALL Gateway Anti-Virus Service. Name: Sohanad.EG (Worm)" -> what's in that exe, mate?

Are you planning on releasing the source anytime soon, or is it and will always be closed source only?

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. Abraham Lincoln - http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://www.freedocumentaries.org/

I assure you there are no "worms" in my media project.

maybe i can upload it to another website and it will download correctly. a lot of antivirus software seem to pick up autoit scripts as malicious.

False Positives

i would have uploaded it right to the autoit forum but it was to large (i think the limit was 100 kb) and this is over 500 kb.

i might change my mind later, but for now this project is not open source.

should i try uploading to rapidshare?

Having problem with volume control.

If I'm not quick enough it just goes away

Yes, I was also having this problem, maybe it should wait for the mouse to go over it, then allow the 'hide' feature. I don't use it hardly ever though, I have a remote volume switch.

I assure you there are no "worms" in my media project.

maybe i can upload it to another website and it will download correctly. a lot of antivirus software seem to pick up autoit scripts as malicious.

False Positives

i would have uploaded it right to the autoit forum but it was to large (i think the limit was 100 kb) and this is over 500 kb.

i might change my mind later, but for now this project is not open source.

should i try uploading to rapidshare?

NO! It's not the file hoster, a Web based Anti-Virus downloads the file hidden, and scans it, and securely deletes it, and then asks you if you want to download it. So it's AutoIt itself not the hoster, but not Rapidshare! I hate that file hoster so much. You could always get a ripway account, which is free, doesn't require a valid email, just a username and password, and direct link! Edited by Alienware