File copy ideas?

tazdev

I searched and could not find anything on this so here goes,

I am trying to copy filetypes a, b, and c from various directories under one root. In that directory are those 3 types as well as 5 or more others. Filecopy will copy the file over ONLY if the directory exists. DirCopy will copy the files and the structure however it copies all 8 or more types. (No filtering)

Can DirCopy be used with filtering?

I have an idea I am working on that will basically take the file name with full path, strip the name off, use DIRCreate to make the directory and then copy the file over. I am just asking to see if there is something already made in AutoIT that I overlooked.

I searched and could not find anything on this so here goes,

I am trying to copy filetypes a, b, and c from various directories under one root. In that directory are those 3 types as well as 5 or more others. Filecopy will copy the file over ONLY if the directory exists. DirCopy will copy the files and the structure however it copies all 8 or more types. (No filtering)

Can DirCopy be used with filtering?

I have an idea I am working on that will basically take the file name with full path, strip the name off, use DIRCreate to make the directory and then copy the file over. I am just asking to see if there is something already made in AutoIT that I overlooked.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I say go for it. Even if it IS already made, then the worst that could happen is a mild flame from Valik. :lmao:

Either way, you come out ahead, becasue you've learned something. Besides, try looking at the "file.au3" include...just in case.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

_FileCreate( $sFilePath )

Hmmmmmmmm

;===============================================================================

;

; Description:      Creates or zero's out the length of the file specified.

; Syntax:          _FileCreate( $sFilePath )

; Parameter(s):    $sFilePath - Path and filename of the file to be created

; Requirement(s):  None

; Return Value(s):  On Success - Returns 1

;                  On Failure - Returns 0 and sets:

;                                @error = 1: Error opening specified file

;                                @error = 2: File could not be written to

; Author(s):        Brian Keene <brian_keene@yahoo.com>

; Note(s):          None

;

;===============================================================================

Nope didn't work.

Here is what I tried:

$line = filename with full path (read from a text file generated by DIR)

$servermydocs = The backup folder path

$filename = the filename and path up to the root

Like 12345.xls is the file and it is in c:\documents and settings\<profile>\my documents\test\test2\12345.xls  will have \test\test2\12345.xls

_FileCreate($servermydocs&$filename)

FileCopy($line, $servermydocs&$filename, 1)

I had hoped that the above two lines will make the folder and a blank file, then the next line will copy the actual file over. Never made a file. :lmao:

is this GUI or none GUI ? i made a filecopy thing in GUI and i think i posted it in one of ur posts already but cant remember :lmao: . to filter certain files.. u have to use this .

this will copy all files

FileCopy ( blahsource\*.*, blahdestination)

this will only copy .bmp's

FileCopy ( blahsource\*.bmp, blahdestination)

i done a similiar project in VB .. but in autoit i think if u want to copy more than one file pattern u have to use a ;

FileCopy ( blahsource\*.bmp;*.jpeg, blahdestination)

im havent testing so hope that helps

edit. just tested ... u cant do multiple patterns o:) maybe im wrong but i guess you'll have to use to seperate filecopy's

FileCopy ( blahsource\*.bmp, blahdestination)
FileCopy ( blahsource\*.jpeg, blahdestination)
Edited by burrup

qq