Get all modules loaded in a process.

monoceres

Hi all!

I don't think anyone has done this before so here it goes:

This returns an array of all the modules (dll files) that are loaded into a process.

For some reason the array also contains a great deal of copies of the process's full path.

#Include <WinAPI.au3>

; #FUNCTION#;===============================================================================
;
; Name...........: _ProcessGetLoadedModules
; Description ...: Returns an array containing the full path of the loaded modules
; Syntax.........: _ProcessGetLoadedModules($iPID)
; Parameters ....:
; Return values .: Success - An array with all the paths
;               : Failure - -1 and @error=1 if the specified process couldn't be opened.
; Author ........: Andreas Karlsson (monoceres) & ProgAndy
; Modified.......:
; Remarks .......:
; Related .......: 
; Link ..........;
; Example .......; No
;
;;==========================================================================================
Func _ProcessGetLoadedModules($iPID)
    Local Const $PROCESS_QUERY_INFORMATION=0x0400
    Local Const $PROCESS_VM_READ=0x0010
    Local $aCall, $hPsapi=DllOpen("Psapi.dll")
    Local $hProcess, $tModulesStruct
    $tModulesStruct=DllStructCreate("hwnd [200]")
    Local $SIZEOFHWND = DllStructGetSize($tModulesStruct)/200
    $hProcess=_WinAPI_OpenProcess(BitOR($PROCESS_QUERY_INFORMATION,$PROCESS_VM_READ),False,$iPID)
    If Not $hProcess Then Return SetError(1,0,-1)
    $aCall=DllCall($hPsapi,"int","EnumProcessModules","ptr",$hProcess,"ptr",DllStructGetPtr($tModulesStruct),"dword",DllStructGetSize($tModulesStruct),"dword*","")
    If $aCall[4]>DllStructGetSize($tModulesStruct) Then
        $tModulesStruct=DllStructCreate("hwnd ["&$aCall[4]/$SIZEOFHWND&"]")
        $aCall=DllCall($hPsapi,"int","EnumProcessModules","ptr",$hProcess,"ptr",DllStructGetPtr($tModulesStruct),"dword",$aCall[4],"dword*","")
    EndIf
    Local $aReturn[$aCall[4]/$SIZEOFHWND]
    For $i=0 To Ubound($aReturn)-1

$aCall=DllCall($hPsapi,"dword","GetModuleFileNameExW","ptr",$hProcess,"ptr",DllStructGetData($tModulesStruct,1,$i+1),"wstr","","dword",65536)
$aReturn[$i]=$aCall[3]

Next
    _WinAPI_CloseHandle($hProcess)
    DllClose($hPsapi)
    Return $aReturn
EndFunc

Enjoy!

:)

Edited by monoceres

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

I don'y know if is a bug or is normal but at one time appeared that process as module several times.

Try this to see what I want to say.

#Include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

; #FUNCTION#;===============================================================================
;
; Description ...: Returns an array containing the full path of the loaded modules
; Parameters ....:
;               : Failure - -1 and @error=1 if the specified process couldn't be opened.
; Author ........: Andreas Karlsson (monoceres)
; Modified.......:
; Remarks .......:
; Related .......:
; Link ..........;
; Example .......; No
;
;;==========================================================================================
    $tModulesStruct=DllStructCreate("int [1000]")
    $hProcess=_WinAPI_OpenProcess(BitOR($PROCESS_QUERY_INFORMATION,$PROCESS_VM_READ),False,$iPID)
    $aCall=DllCall($hPsapi,"int","EnumProcessModules","ptr",$hProcess,"ptr",DllStructGetPtr($tModulesStruct),"dword",1000,"dword*","")
    If $aCall[4]>1000 Then
        $tModulesStruct=DllStructCreate("int ["&$aCall[4]&"]")
        $aCall=DllCall($hPsapi,"int","EnumProcessModules","ptr",$hProcess,"ptr",DllStructGetPtr($tModulesStruct),"dword",$aCall[4],"dword*","")
    EndIf
    Local $aReturn[$aCall[4]]
        $aCall=DllCall($hPsapi,"dword","GetModuleFileNameExW","ptr",$hProcess,"int",DllStructGetData($tModulesStruct,1,$i+1),"wstr","","dword",65536)
        $aReturn[$i]=$aCall[3]
    Next
    DllClose($hPsapi)
    Return $aReturn
EndFunc

$LIST = ProcessList()
$MODULES = _ProcessGetLoadedModules($LIST[5][1])
_ArrayDisplay($MODULES,$LIST[5][0])
Edited by Andreik

When the words fail... music speaks.

I have the BugFix. EnumProcessModules returns the BYTES needed, not the count of Module Hanldes. So you have to divide the Bytes through SIZEOFHWND :)

#Include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

;
; Parameters ....:
; Author ........: Andreas Karlsson (monoceres)
; Modified.......:
; Remarks .......:
; Related .......:
; Link ..........;
; Example .......; No
;
    $tModulesStruct=DllStructCreate("hwnd [200]")
    Local $SIZEOFHWND = DllStructGetSize($tModulesStruct)/200
    $aCall=DllCall($hPsapi,"int","EnumProcessModules","ptr",$hProcess,"ptr",DllStructGetPtr($tModulesStruct),"dword",DllStructGetSize($tModulesStruct),"dword*","")
    If $aCall[4]>DllStructGetSize($tModulesStruct) Then
        $tModulesStruct=DllStructCreate("hwnd ["&$aCall[4]/$SIZEOFHWND&"]")
    EndIf
        $aCall=DllCall($hPsapi,"dword","GetModuleFileNameExW","ptr",$hProcess,"int",DllStructGetData($tModulesStruct,1,$i+1),"wstr","","dword",65536)
        $aReturn[$i]=$aCall[3]
    Next
    DllClose($hPsapi)
    Return $aReturn
EndFunc

$LIST = ProcessList()
$MODULES = _ProcessGetLoadedModules($LIST[5][1])
_ArrayDisplay($MODULES,$LIST[5][0])

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

I have the BugFix. EnumProcessModules returns the BYTES needed, not the count of Module Hanldes. So you have to divide the Bytes through SIZEOFHWND :)

Of course, how stupid of me Posted Image

Thanks for fixing it (updating my first post and adding you to authors) >_<

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

• 1 year later...

Hi,does it not work in windows 7? Why can't I get anything in the win7 pro?

It works for me under Win 7 RC (x64). It gives wrong results for x64 but running under x86 gives the expected results.

You must be using it wrong, please show a small (but runnable) reproducer of your problem.

It works for me under Win 7 RC (x64). It gives wrong results for x64 but running under x86 gives the expected results.

You must be using it wrong, please show a small (but runnable) reproducer of your problem.

The x64-error could come from the GetModuleFileNameExW. There is "int" as type instead of "ptr", so try and change it ;)

$aCall=DllCall($hPsapi,"dword","GetModuleFileNameExW","ptr",$hProcess,"ptr",DllStructGetData($tModulesStruct,1,$i+1),"wstr","","dword",65536)

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

The x64-error could come from the GetModuleFileNameExW. There is "int" as type instead of "ptr", so try and change it :evil:

Works perfect now. ;)

The code seems not wrong for no mistake show in the console(win7 x86). So I can't know how to deal with it.

And with your opnion(instead of "ptr" with "int"), that is the same.

Second line of what you quoted was: You must be using it wrong, please show a small (but runnable) reproducer of your problem.

You saw that?

Edited by trancexx

• 3 years later...

Nice script.

I used it on Win 7 (x64) and got an error:

Local $aReturn[^ ERROR

Error: Array variable subscript badly formatted.

Added a BugFix  before the line:

If Not $aCall[4] Then Return SetError(1,0,-1)

The script worked.

If I run the script or compile it to x86, it works (on x64) properly.

If I compile the script to x64, it will only returns the x64 modules. The x32 modules will not be ruturned.

What could be the reason?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Factfinder

• 3 years later...