Saving on Time interval

sias

I am fairly new to autoit, however, I have done basic scripts for simple functions. However, I recently have attempted one that has become much harder, and though it works without error. It does not do everything I need for it to do.

A rundown of my situation is this; A log at work is open at all times (Microsoft Excel), everything that we do is recorded in this log, with the date and time preceding the entry. I simply wrote a program to enter the date and time automatically when a single key is pressed. The program has two main functions. 1) when I press the ` key, it sends Ctrl+; and Ctrl+Shift+; (This auto enters date and time in Microsoft Excel), this I have no problem with and it works without error. The second function, is that every 24 hours, I need for it to autosave the document that is open. This is where I run into trouble, though the program doesn't error, it also doesn't save. As you can see in the following code, I have what I thought would work in there for the date and time, but it isn't working as I expected. What I am requesting is a code, or a way to modify this so that once a day it will save the document automatically, (I have it set so everyday at midnight).

Thanks for reading, and for any suggestions or help you may give.

RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "ExcelHelper", "REG_SZ", "C:\ExcelHelper_v2.exe")
HotKeySet ( "^!x", "ProgExit")
winwaitactive ( "Microsoft Excel" )
HotKeySet ( "`", "DateTime")
while 1
    If @error Then
    MsgBox (0, "Error 08x002", "An error has occured causing this program to terminate." & @CRLF & 'All data has been saved, Please contact the System Admin for additional assistance.', 120000 )
    Exit
EndIf
winwaitactive ( "Microsoft Excel" )
    if @hour = 24 AND @min = 00 AND @sec = 00 Then
send( "^s" )
Else 
    sleep(500)
    EndIf
wend
Func DateTime()
If @error Then
    MsgBox (0, "Error 08x001", "An error has occured causing this program to terminate." & @CRLF & 'All data has been saved, Please contact System Admin for additional assistance.', 120000 )
    Exit
EndIf
If WinActive( "Microsoft Excel" ) = false Then
    sleep(2000)
ElseIf WinActive( "Microsoft Excel" ) = True Then
Send( "{CtrlDown}{;}" )
Send( "{Ctrlup}" )
Send( "{Tab}" )
Send( "{CtrlDown}{ShiftDown}{:}" )
Send( "{Ctrlup}{Shiftup}" )
Send( "{Tab}" )
EndIf
EndFunc
Func ProgExit()
    Exit
EndFunc

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

edit:

try

@hour = 00

>_<

On the one hand I hope it is that easy....but on the other, it is such an easy fix, I'm going to feel stupid for not thinking of it :)

Thanks for the help.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."