Adminitrative Rights and Reboots?

Guest mrathbun

Guest mrathbun

Does anyone have any ideas how to use AutoIt to automate the install of applications like Roxio that require a reboot and that the next user to log-in have full administrative permissions?

The application install runs with out error using RunAsSet() to overcome the limitations of PowerUser, but, I am stuck for an idea how I might get the machine to login as an admin after the reboot.

Thanks,

mrathbun

also, depending on the software, many programs come with command line options that allouw you to disable such things as needing to reboot (eventually you'll have to reboot, but at least it will reduce the need for rebooting).

After that, when you *DO* have to reboot, I refer you to Larry's response, and if he doesn't mind change adding to the "Run" entry to the "RunOnce" entry.

also, if you just want the admin to log in once to accomplish the script, I believe there's an option in the registry that lets you define how many times auto-login works... If I'm mistaken, then don't forget to finsh off your script with a removal of the registry entries.

Guest mrathbun

Thanks for the quick replies. This absolutely resolves my issues. I really appreciate the help. I think you might have just saved my project.

Thanks again,

mrathbun