question about custom library file

h711

Hi, I don't want to write every thing to a huge file, so I want to write some common functions as library file and let my main program include them. My question is: do I have to put them in

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Beta\Include

? Can I create a sub folder there just for my own library? Or can I place them else where? What should I do in my main program to locate and include them?

Thanks for the help!

You can include them from anywhere. If the script is in the same folder as the library file then just include it normally but if not you may need to use the full path.

Hi, I don't want to write every thing to a huge file, so I want to write some common functions as library file and let my main program include them. My question is: do I have to put them in ? Can I create a sub folder there just for my own library? Or can I place them else where? What should I do in my main program to locate and include them?

Thanks for the help!

You can put them without any problem. :)

When the words fail... music speaks.

I suggest you don't put them in the standard locations as they may get overwritten or even worse, deleted when you upgrade AutoIt in the future.

Of course, you will have regular, verified, backups, so this won't be a problem, will it?