_IEQuit not working

furrycow

Hey, im wanting to quit internet explorer windows after i use them, and am currently using _IEQuit, and i am using _IECreate("www.somesite.com", 0, 0, 1, 0), meaning that im loading the page invisible. I have found however that when i use _IEQuit, it doesnt not quit the process, so after some time my comp slows down an incredible amount and i find i have 20 iexplore.exe's open. In the help file it states:

"When the browser instance is invisible however, when AutoIt exits the browser process is left running and there is no user interface to interact with and an orphan Iexplore.exe process is left running on the system. It is therefore good practice to call _IEQuit whenever the browser process is not needed after the script exists."

Does that mean that as soon as i open the window i need to close it again or what? because it doesn't quit the process wherever i put it...then i found on another thread....

Hey, finally someone who needs the new feature I added to _IEAttach in the beta... see _IEAttach, Example 5. It creates an array of all browser instances (note that multiple browser instances can be part of a single iexplore.exe process and each can be visible or not). Then use _IEPropertyGet, visible to see it they are visible or not and then _IEQuit to get rid of the ones you want to kill.

Dale

But looking at the _IEAttach, there are only 3 examples in there, but how he explains it is what i want to do, does any one know how to implement what DaleHohm is talking about??

Or any other ideas? Thank You!

Instant Lockerz Invite - www.instantlockerzinvite.co.uk