Make a script change the IP. Can it be done?

Kragen

Hey fellow scripters.

In my class in school, we're playing a lot of games with each other on ad-hoc wireless networks. But to make it easier for us all, we all have an IP adress that we always use.

So everytime we want to play, one of us has to set up a network and we all have to go into the options and manually type in the IP we want.

So, is it possible to make an AutoIt script that does the whole thing?

I'm thinking of making an input box that asks for the desired IP, and then just a few lines of code that changes the IP adress.

I've been thinking of how it can be done, but the only solution I can come up with is going through start -> Control Panel -> Network Connections -> make it rightclick on the wireless network connection and then go through menus and stuff. This is very hard to code for computers with different languages, network connection names and such.

Can it be done in any other way?

I was hoping for a function called

$desiredIP = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
SetIP(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, "network connection name")

Hey fellow scripters.

In my class in school, we're playing a lot of games with each other on ad-hoc wireless networks. But to make it easier for us all, we all have an IP adress that we always use.

So everytime we want to play, one of us has to set up a network and we all have to go into the options and manually type in the IP we want.

So, is it possible to make an AutoIt script that does the whole thing?

I'm thinking of making an input box that asks for the desired IP, and then just a few lines of code that changes the IP adress.

I've been thinking of how it can be done, but the only solution I can come up with is going through start -> Control Panel -> Network Connections -> make it rightclick on the wireless network connection and then go through menus and stuff. This is very hard to code for computers with different languages, network connection names and such.

Can it be done in any other way?

I was hoping for a function called

$desiredIP = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
SetIP(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, "network connection name")
I don't think there is anything like a SetIP fuction

but there is a HttpSetProxy() function...

you could make it select a proxy from a list but i haven't looked into it

:)