_IEGetObjByName/_IEGetObjById

1.)im working using _IEGetObjByName/_IEGetObjById commands. The only problem is I need to get obj by value if possible...so i want to know if possible to get by value? Or any other method?

example: <INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE='Swing By'>

2.)Also whenever i try using "ControlSend" on IE it won't work minimized...can anyone tell me if there is another way to do commands on a minimized IE screen? I'm trying to send text to a control with focus on it already. Is there a way to just send text to a minimized window, i dun think controls have a name

3.)Last how can i work with the following(which _IE commands can i use to set the "option value")

<select name='selectExample'>

<option value='homepage.html'>Homepage

<option value='midipage.html'>Midipage

<option value='freepage.html'>Freepage

</select>

Edited by nonplayablecharacter

You can always count on me for the dumb questions ;)My Scripts:Rikku

1.)im working using _IEGetObjByName/_IEGetObjById commands. The only problem is I need to get obj by value if possible...so i want to know if possible to get by value? Or any other method?

example: <INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE='Swing By'>

Use _IETagNameGetCollection() to get all INPUT tags and then loop through the collection looking for .value = 'Swing By'.

2.)Also whenever i try using "ControlSend" on IE it won't work minimized...can anyone tell me if there is another way to do commands on a minimized IE screen? I'm trying to send text to a control with focus on it already. Is there a way to just send text to a minimized window, i dun think controls have a name

The _IE* functions will work on a minimized or even hidden instance of IE. ControlSend() should work also, but will not target a form element as a control in IE. If you can't make it work, post an example of what you are trying to do.

3.)Last how can i work with the following(which _IE commands can i use to set the "option value")

<select name='selectExample'>

<option value='homepage.html'>Homepage

<option value='midipage.html'>Midipage

<option value='freepage.html'>Freepage

</select>

C'mon now, you didn't look at the help file very hard, did you? Try _IEFormElementOptionselect() before you attract the attention of "Community On Patrol"...

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law