InputBox Wizard

gcriaco

This script provides a window to generate easily input boxes.

You can download it from:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/gcriaco/

Todo List:

Merge of MessagBoxWizard and InputBoxWizard scripts in just one script (CodeWizard)

Any suggestion/criticism about other functions code generator is welcome.

Peppe

ive been working on a "code" wizard type thing, but it's basically just like autoit, rebuilt... i just havent added every function in so far, well, because im really lazy and that would be a while... but it's nothin special, and i havent really been working on it the past few weeks :lmao: it's also a command prompt type thing.. example:

box msg hello world

would produce a msgbox with the title "Msg" and the text "Hello world" but i think this would be pretty useless.. unless you just didnt want to download the whole autoit package, and the name is BEA: Batch, Executable, Autoit. a combination of all three

FootbaG

This script provides a window to generate easily input boxes.

You can download it from:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/gcriaco/

Todo List:

Merge of MessagBoxWizard and InputBoxWizard scripts in just one script (CodeWizard)

Peppe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello o:) Great :lmao: Thx for it)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bug: Preview button won't work if user types multiple characters into the "Password Char" textbox.

Solution: Add the following around line 52 of InputBoxWizard.zu3

GuiCtrlSetLimit($txtPwdChr, 1, 0)

Keep up the great work!

EDIT: Some suggestions for MsgBoxWizard... See attached code :lmao:

1) "Cancel, Retry, Continue" should be "Cancel, Try Again, Continue" (at least on WinXP English)

2) You could show a preview of the MsgBox icon in the wizard itself...

3) You might want to generate code that uses Constants.au3: For example, Case $iMsgBoxAnswer = $IDYES instead of Case $iMsgBoxAnswer = 6 ;Yes However, using contants for the MsgBox flag would require more effort than my simple StringReplace hack

MsgBoxWizard.au3

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

InputBoxWizard: Fixed the bug notified. Users can download the ver. 1.0.1 from my AutoIt public area.

MessageBoxWizard: I'll implement the script as suggested.

Many thanks to CyberSlug.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bug:  Preview button won't work if user types multiple characters into the "Password Char" textbox.

Solution:  Add the following around line 52 of InputBoxWizard.zu3

GuiCtrlSetLimit($txtPwdChr, 1, 0)

Keep up the great work!

EDIT:  Some suggestions for MsgBoxWizard...  See attached code :lmao:

1)  "Cancel, Retry, Continue" should be "Cancel, Try Again, Continue" (at least on WinXP English)

2)  You could show a preview of the MsgBox icon in the wizard itself...

3)  You might want to generate code that uses Constants.au3:  For example, Case $iMsgBoxAnswer = $IDYES instead of Case $iMsgBoxAnswer = 6 ;Yes  However, using contants for the MsgBox flag would require more effort than my simple StringReplace hack

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

3)  You might want to generate code that uses Constants.au3:  For example, Case $iMsgBoxAnswer = $IDYES instead of Case $iMsgBoxAnswer = 6 ;Yes  However, using contants for the MsgBox flag would require more effort than my simple StringReplace hack

This is a problem, as the helpfile specifies number returns, not constants?

This causes confusion for beginners, let alone for advanced, who are accustomed to the rule of the helpfile. I use F1 (Helpfile) by default, rather then digging through the include folder for answers.

If no reference in the helpfile, then it should not be used.

MessageBoxWizard 1.2 released.

It includes CyberSlug suggestions and a bugfix.

Be carefully that, if you use the option "Use constants", there are no constants in Constants.au3 (Message Box Constants) for:

10 - TRY AGAIN

11 - CONTINUE

BTW, I agree with MHz about the helpfile: it should have a reference to the Constants.au3 file.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

EDIT:  Some suggestions for MsgBoxWizard...  See attached code :lmao:

1)  "Cancel, Retry, Continue" should be "Cancel, Try Again, Continue" (at least on WinXP English)

2)  You could show a preview of the MsgBox icon in the wizard itself...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MessageBoxWizard 1.2 released.

It includes CyberSlug suggestions and a bugfix.

Be carefully that, if you use the option "Use constants", there are no constants in Constants.au3 (Message Box Constants) for:

10 - TRY AGAIN

11 - CONTINUE 

BTW, I agree with MHz about the helpfile: it should have a reference to the Constants.au3 file.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will add those two constants to the include file. Thanks.

Sincerely yours,Jeremy Landesjlandes@landeserve.com

These have been added and submitted to Jon.  Let me know if you see any problems.  Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe we could also use:

Global Const $IDTIMEOUT = -1 ; Message box timed out

There might be some others.... I need to also look at GuiConstants.au3

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Hi Jeremy.

2 missing constants more in Constants.au3 for MessageBox:

262144 - top-most attribute set

524288 - title and text are right-justified

Moreover, consider the CyberSlug suggestion:

Global Const $IDTIMEOUT = -1 ; Message box timed out

If yow agree, please post the upgraded Constants.au3 file.

Thanks

Peppe

These have been added and submitted to Jon.  Let me know if you see any problems.  Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>