WoW related question

Stooney

I'm sure some of you play WoW. I'm trying to make a non tos-breaking autoit. Everything works minus the fact I don't know how to distinguish between two WoW windows. Blizzard won't let you change the window title (from what I've gathered). Is there a way of knowing which window was opened first? That would work.

(for those curious, I'm trying to make it possible to tell a healer (open in another window) to heal the character in the other window. The healer will always be autofollowing the other char and have him targeted, I just send the keyboard input to the healer window basically pressing 5 for the heal. (using ControlSend).

Everything works, I just cannot figure out how to distinguish between the two windows without being able to change window titles. As it stands, ControlSend() just sends the input to the active WoW window.

Don't use autoit for this in my opinion. If WoW catches you running auto it, they will likely ban your account anyways just for running it at the same time as WoW.

I no longer play WoW, BORING, but check out this link.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Dual_box

...will never learn all there is to know about autoit, no worries...i came to the forums :)

Don't use autoit for this in my opinion. If WoW catches you running auto it, they will likely ban your account anyways just for running it at the same time as WoW.

I no longer play WoW, BORING, but check out this link.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Dual_box

Thanks for the info. If I were to compile a script to an .exe and run it that way is there a way for blizzard to tell it's an autoit script?

Im sure it is possible, but either way they will still be able to identify an application sending commands to the WoW window, which is viewed as botting.

On the other hand, im not sure exactly how Dual-Boxing works as i didn't read that but i know it IS allowed in the TOS.

...will never learn all there is to know about autoit, no worries...i came to the forums :)

You can run AutoIt while running wow, no way they can ban you for using it at the same time.

Though you may hear of ppl getting banned using AutoIt script's. These are most likely flagged files, how and what they do to do this i have no idea of but they can tell if the file is not legit. Like one does with virus, all compiled files has a signature witch they prolly flag, then if they catch someone running a flagged file they do whatever they do.

Edited by jokke
UDF:Crypter a file encrypt / decrypt tool with no need to remember a password again. Based on Caesar cipher using entire ASCII Table.Script's: PixelSearch Helper, quick and simple way to create a PixelSeach.Chatserver - simplified, not so complicated multi-socket server.AutoIT - Firewall, simple example on howto create a firewall with AutoIt.