TheSaint's Toolbox

TheSaint

Apologies to those who could not download the Installer Creator program. I had forgotten to remove 'Setup' from the filename when I created the .zip. It is now fixed. :idea:

I seem to have had a few lapses of memory last week ... comes from doing things when one is too busy I suppose? :(

:P

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Ok so how many people discovered they could browse my download folder and so bypassed the counters. :P

I was really not having a good week last week! :idea:

Anyway sorry to spoil your fun, but you'll have to do it the right way from now on! :)

:(

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Ok so how many people discovered they could browse my download folder and so bypassed the counters. :P

I was really not having a good week last week! :idea:

Anyway sorry to spoil your fun, but you'll have to do it the right way from now on! :)

"No Access" why is such a big deal if they want direct links instead of going to your .txt coping and pasting, then waiting...

A major change to New Folders has occurred, in that it now features a MORE come LESS button, which toggles between a minimal view of the GUI and the full view. The obvious benefits, are that the program can look less complex and thus feel that way, plus ideal when using 'Keep On Top' or 'Keep Open' because you see more of your desktop. :P

I still don't understand why there are so few downloads of this (one of my best) programs ... maybe people don't really understand what it does ... how powerful it is ... I use it many times a day and thank the lucky stars that I thought of it! :idea:

P.S. Check out the Info link for more details and some screenshots of the latest version (v3.5).

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

"No Access" why is such a big deal if they want direct links instead of going to your .txt coping and pasting, then waiting...

What's the issue? :P

You get my program, all I want, is to know how many downloads? How else can I gauge interest in them? :(

Is it really that hard to copy and paste a link and click go? It's not like you have to download 50 all at once! :)

:idea:

Spoiler

userbar.png

More information about my Installer and extracting can now be found here

Spoiler

userbar.png

Two more of my programs Folder From File v1.6 and SendTo Organiser v1.2 are available to Forum users for the first time. :P

Folder From File v1.6 is the program I use most out of any of my programs. It lets you use a right-click menu option on a file, folder or shortcut; and use their name to create a folder ... and if specified in the options, moves that file, folder or shortcut to within that folder. Files (etc) can also be browsed to if desired.

Special features like creating a folder based on file (etc) date, can be used instead of or together with the file (etc) name. If the date option is disabled, you can temporarily enable it by holding down the CTRL key while selecting the file (etc) with right-click. Several other features abound.

This latest version, lets you use or combine Mp3 Tag info in the folder name with other settings (i.e. date). So you can create an ALBUM TITLE folder within an ARTIST NAME folder, and move the Mp3 file within ... and move all within a date folder (if that was selected). :P

SendTo Organiser v1.2 is another great program, that helps you keep your SendTo folder entries organised. Right-click on a file or shortcut, and send to the SendTo Organiser, to have a shortcut created in your SendTo folder. Create folders in your SendTo folder with the program, and move shortcuts in and out of them or simply delete them or browse the SendTo folder, etc. :)

If you really like my Folder From File v1.6 program, then I'm sure you will absolutely love my New Folders v3.5 program, which sadly seems to be much overlooked (must be the topic title or something).

P.S. For now, please post any remarks or questions about these programs in this topic ... until I have time to create separate posts about them. :idea:

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Make It Pretty v1.5 is a program I use from within SciTE (mostly), accessed through either a menu option, or through a button on my Toolbar For Any program, and is available to Forum users for the first time. :)

Please be sure to check the Info page, because it has an important warning and some screenshots, etc. :P

As you'll note, feedback on this program is very much desired! :idea:

Spoiler

userbar.png

I found a minor issue in my Projects Backup v6.9 program, that involved missing inverted commas ("") for a couple of path statements. This was only related to opening up the backup folder of a selected program, where Explorer didn't like a name like -

Big Project, The\v0.0_b01

which it saw as -

The\v0.0_b01

and then understandably couldn't find the folder to open it. :(

I've fixed both 'Run' statements where this issue occurred, and have uploaded the fixed file (same version). :)

I normally don't whack a ', The' on the end of my project names, so that's why this little omission slipped under the radar ... even after years of testing. :P

:idea:

Spoiler

userbar.png

Search Assistant v1.3 is a program I use to take the hassle out of repetitive web site searching. It is now available to the Forum for the first time (Utilities section). :(

Shortly a topic post with some screenshots and information, will be available via the Info link.

Enjoy! :P

Spoiler

userbar.png

NEWS

Just received an email from iiNet (iHug), that private web space has been upped from 30Mb to 1Gb for free - that's nice of them. :D

This should mean, that I'll be able to get all my AutoIt programs uploaded and on there all at the same time ... was going to do swap-arounds every now and then - after I'd reached my limit. I should also be able to upload plenty of photos (for family & friends), as well as as my own songs in Mp3 format, etc. :D

I've been slowing down with adding my programs to the Forum (some of you may have noticed). This is because (as usual) I've thought of something new to create. This time I've taken on a large idea, that's been floating around in my head for some time now. It's based on a multi-board game "The Fantasy Realm", that I created about 20 years ago, which while for the most part was finished, was never released to anyone and only played about a dozen times with a bunch of select friends. It took more than six months to create, using all my spare time (which was considerable back then) - just before I got my first computer (2nd hand Apple IIE). The manual which runs to about 70 double sided A4 pages, was painstakingly typed (and re-typed many times) on a Canon typewriter. Font size was between 10 and 12 (I think), so it was a helluva lot of work. I dreaded when I thought of something new to add at the start of a long section ... it all had to be re-typed again of course ... just like Authors used to have to do. I also created a lot of game pieces and cards, etc. :(

Why didn't I do something with it?

Well, it was very complex (and in my opinion, much better than Dungeons & Dragons ... which never appealed to me, so I never really played that), and I'd had this great idea for another game, which turned out superb, and which I still play occasionally with family & friends to do this very day. That too was never released to the public ... I have issues with trust and don't know anyone in high places. I had also decided to painstakingly put the manual on file before doing any more work on it, so I could make easy edits, etc ... but because I never got round to that, the game stale-mated. At one point I started it, and even played around with Scanners, but wasn't happy and so it went nowhere. Later on I thought up other games, and moved on to other things like PC's and PC games, so it all got shelved and only brought out on special occasions to impress new friends (not played though). I must admit too, that I got very drained by creating that first game and it was like a lost period of my life because I did very little else while working on it ... so I wasn't necessarily keen to repeat much of the process ... even though easier with a PC ... and to be totally honest, playing it was hard work. :)

So what's with it now?

Well, when I originally made the game, I created a log system, with the idea that you filled out the log as you played the game. This then could lead to the opportunity of writing a story or novel about it. Which seemed like a brilliant idea to me - get your friends to play the game and make all the decisions, and then you flesh out all the specific colour and details later. :P

Because of this, the game has remained somewhat more in my upper thoughts, and not become buried deep like it might have otherwise. :(

For some time now, I've been thinking it would make a great computer game. All the complexity involved, would be handled by the computer, and you would be free to enjoy the game. Ideally, I would like to have it turned into some kind of 3D game, but currently I don't know anyone that talented (and I still have trust issues) and are not skilled enough myself ... sure I've dabbled with making Quake maps and Episodes and tried one ot two Game creator programs, but I just don't have the desire at this point in time, to go through the hoops of learning how, well enough to do justice to the game. :P

So what's the large idea?

So for a while now, I've considered something along the lines of a point-and-click text and pictures game. A few days ago, I finally got inspired enough to start it, and are reasonably happy with the results so far. The game is all about a quest with companions for some magical item, and the setup of the basic scenario is finished, and you can move around a portion of the Realm. There is still a lot of data to import, so that you can move around the complete realm, and I've yet to deal with things like water (Ocean, Rivers, Creeks, Lakes), etc. But it's shaping up good and my 12yr old boy is very enthused ... even started doing some of the artwork ... an area where I'll need much help from family & friend, etc. Once you can move around the complete realm freely, then I'll start on things like travel speed (rest, etc), disasters (natural or man made accidents), fights (challenges, etc), magic stuff, health and a variety of other lesser things. :P

When will it be finished?

That's anybodies guess, but I should have a preview or demo up on the forum before too long! :idea:

If anyone is interested, I'll upload some screenshots of the manual and current status?

;)

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 3 weeks later...

AutoIt Version Switcher has been updated to v1.4. Just a minor update for an element I'd left out, which was a change of version in the registry. Discovered I needed this when trying to install the Auto3Lib for v3.2.4.9 which was current at the time, but not recognised by the installer. It required that version at least, so now the registry entry is updated on a successful switch. :(

It's a pity, that the library installer didn't get the version from the exe instead of relying on a registry entry. Many scripters install (or update) AutoIt from the zip downloads. :mellow:

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

AutoIt Version Switcher has been updated to v1.4. Just a minor update for an element I'd left out, which was a change of version in the registry. Discovered I needed this when trying to install the Auto3Lib for v3.2.4.9 which was current at the time, but not recognised by the installer. It required that version at least, so now the registry entry is updated on a successful switch. :(

It's a pity, that the library installer didn't get the version from the exe instead of relying on a registry entry. Many scripters install (or update) AutoIt from the zip downloads. :mellow:

It was just as easy to extract the files once and then create a new installer for Auto3Lib.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

It was just as easy to extract the files once and then create a new installer for Auto3Lib.

I'm not quite sure I get you there.

To extract the files, I had to change the reg entry first or the installer spat the dummy. For me that was sufficient, unless I had to reinstall or wanted to use Auto3Lib with another later version of AutoIt (library is no longer available and incompatible with the latest versions though) ... so far better to have my program do the right thing, and update the reg entry. Not to mention, that other programs might get the AutoIt version from the same reg entry ... so best all-round if my program conforms, even though I know many just install or update AutoIt from a zip file, and so the reg entry doesn't get updated or maybe even created, unless you install AutoIt properly at least once ... that's why I thought it would have been better for the Library installer to get the version from the AutoIt exe and not the reg entry.

On top of that, creating another installer for the library would be a right pain - first off, I'd have to know what was in the installer, then I'd have to know what else it did, etc, etc. Just not worth the trouble compared to changing a reg entry or updating my program. The library is not supported anymore by those who created it ... you really only need it if you want it's functionality with slightly older versions of AutoIt.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

The library is not supported anymore by those who created it ... you really only need it if you want it's functionality with slightly older versions of AutoIt.

Absolutly correct, however there are situations where I prefer it to the newer functions.

I just used an extractor app to get the files and the original InstallShit script.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Absolutly correct, however there are situations where I prefer it to the newer functions.

I just used an extractor app to get the files and the original InstallShit script.

Can't say I've come across one of those types of programs ... certainly not in recent times anyway ... and memory is such a fickle creature of before that! :mellow:

Spoiler

userbar.png

Can't say I've come across one of those types of programs ... certainly not in recent times anyway ... and memory is such a fickle creature of before that! :mellow:

I have a few extractor apps but, if I recall correctly, I used Universal Extractor. It's been a while since I did it. I clearly remember having the PM discussion with Paul about why I thought his install sucked.

George

I have a few extractor apps but, if I recall correctly, I used Universal Extractor. It's been a while since I did it. I clearly remember having the PM discussion with Paul about why I thought his install sucked.

That name rings a bell ... probably have it somewhere? :(

Yeah ... I have to agree with you there, a little more info about what the installer is gonna do, etc would have been nice ... extract to a folder so you could pick and choose what includes you wanted, etc, etc. I recently installed the whole thing just so I could get the Screen Capture and related includes ... the new versions don't work with an old script I was adding features to, and I didn't want to have to update the rather large script to the later versions of AutoIt just so I could add a Screen Capture element. I'd used Lazycat's DLL in the past, but I prefer to leave out third party elements as much as I can. :mellow:

Spoiler

userbar.png

That name rings a bell ... probably have it somewhere? :(

Yeah ... I have to agree with you there, a little more info about what the installer is gonna do, etc would have been nice ... extract to a folder so you could pick and choose what includes you wanted, etc, etc. I recently installed the whole thing just so I could get the Screen Capture and related includes ... the new versions don't work with an old script I was adding features to, and I didn't want to have to update the rather large script to the later versions of AutoIt just so I could add a Screen Capture element. I'd used Lazycat's DLL in the past, but I prefer to leave out third party elements as much as I can. :mellow:

Tip: Now that you have the files installed (if you still do), copy them all into a zip file and save it someplace. Then you can just extract what you need at any given time and either put it in the AutoIt3\Include folder or use it as a local include. That way you don't have to go through the process of re-installing again.

George

Tip: Now that you have the files installed (if you still do), copy them all into a zip file and save it someplace. Then you can just extract what you need at any given time and either put it in the AutoIt3\Include folder or use it as a local include. That way you don't have to go through the process of re-installing again.

Yeah I know I could, but they all got mixed in with the other includes and at least one other folder & shortcut was created for the help file, and heaven knows what reg entries may have been created, etc. But really, it is no problem to leave as is and just copy whatever I need to another compatible version. It kinda helps that the installer reminds you of the required AutoIt version, so installing again if I had to is no big deal.

Spoiler

userbar.png