TheSaint's Toolbox

TheSaint

Open Projects has been updated twice to v1.7. Fairly minor updates.

v1.6 allowed you to have a Backup folder open instead of a Project folder. With v1.7, a missing exit command has been added for one of the password options, plus one of the two project windows can now be automatically closed after TrueCrypt mounts it.

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Create Zip Within v1.0 is a new program not previously on my list here. This program creates a zip file within a selected folder. The zip file contains the original content of that folder, which has been moved to within it.

Access to this program, is either by right-clicking on a folder and sending it to the SendTo menu entry, or by using the same program name option on your context menu. Which method you use, is determined by what you have set in the 'Program Access' options.

I mainly use this program for quickly compressing older versions of my AutoIt projects, that I no longer need for overwrite/replace referencing with my Projects Backup program - typically I leave the last 2 or 3 backups uncompressed. The benefits over normal zipping are obvious when you use it, but only when you want to retain the original folder & location.

Thanks to PsaltyDS & others at the AutoIt Forum for the Zip Functions. See here for Source & Details.

:mellow:

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

• 2 weeks later...

Search Assistant has been updated to v1.4.

See it's own topic post for details.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

GUI Control Styler v1.0 - When adding Styles or Extended Styles to GUI Control Create statements (i.e. GUICtrlCreateIcon), this program can be a great helper - making it quicker and easier to apply. This is especially so, if coupled with a button on my 'Toolbar For Any' program. Obviously if you only want to add one style and know it well, you are better off just typing it ... especially if using SciTE, which can auto-complete for you. This simple little program, is kinda like a quick-checker or memory helper - comes into it's own, when you want to add several styles at once.

Information about each style was taken unedited from the AutoIt help file (v3.2.4.9), with information about some styles not being available there.

While I have gone to some length to gain all the styles and information about them, undoubtably I have missed a few (possibly many) and probably failed to understand some references. Any information about the styles is always welcome, with support for newer versions of AutoIt unsupported unless others provide it (me being unashamedly still stuck in the last century ... so to speak). Obviously there is room for other improvements in this program - removing incompatible elements automatically (or warning about), adding straight to your script (bypassing the clipboard), etc. Other scripters are welcome to implement these and any other great ideas.

A simple way to add some other styles, is to modify the accompanying 'Styles.ini' file - it may be possible to correct other issues there too. So one way to update the program and help others, would be to upload your version of the Styles.ini file that works for you.

Enjoy! :)

Spoiler

userbar.png

I've just added a couple of new programs - Universal Installer & Path Duplicator, plus updated Installer Creator, fixed GUI Control Styler and added an install version of Time Calculator. All these new uploads, apart from Universal Installer, are in the new much smaller package format. Universal Installer includes the 'Uninstaller', that is needed if you want an uninstall option available after you install these packages. However, it is not a requirement to use my new program to access the content of these packages ... they are after all, only regular zip files with a bit extra (fancy stuff to some).

If you want to create these new package files yourself, then feel free to download Installer Creator, which has just been updated to v2.5 to do just that. Read all about it here.

Not only can the Universal Installer program work with these new package files, but you can also use it to install programs from a lot of regular zips. Please visit it's own post here, to read more about it and discover it's limitations.

Time Calculator also has it's own topic post, just follow the Info link. I use it occasionally, mainly for adding CD track times (etc) together.

I'd accidentally left out a Label style (probably a cut instead of copy caused it ... it does that every time) in my GUI Control Styler program, so I've taken the opportunity to upload the smaller package version to add that element. For those that understand how the program works, it was a non-issue and easily fixed anyway.

The other new program here - Path Duplicator, is quite handy if you want to duplicate or duplicate a required portion of a path structure at another location. I created it, because I needed to backup my kids saved games for Sims 2, before installing another addon pack, and I wanted to only backup files changed since the program was installed. I saved quite a few hundred MB by using the program 1-abc.net File Finder, which gave me better options than Windows Search, and coveniently saved all the paths to a text file. I removed the header and footer, leaving only the paths, then loaded that file into Path Duplicator and then used the recursive copy all option, to copy the files to another drive, retaining the important folder structure in the process (for when I need to copy them back). These backed up files were from all over the place, so my program was very handy. You can determine what portion of a path you want removed, plus it can recall that for the next job. It can be used in three ways - (1) Right-Click (for all ), (2) Browse for file or folder, (3) Use a textfile (extension renamed to .dupe) containing paths. The program was created less than a week ago, and then I recently updated it to move folders as well (for another job) ... fixing a minor bug in the process. I thought that some here would find it handy, so I'm providing it. :)

Screenshots

Main Dialog - Path Duplicator

Posted Image

Main Dialog & Options - GUI Control Styler

Posted Image

Posted Image

Main Dialog - Time Calculator

Posted Image

:)

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Now available - Update SciTE Values v1.3

WARNING!

I have only tested and used this program with AutoIt versions 3.2.0.1 thru 3.2.12.0 (but not every version point). I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND YOU USE IT WITH LATER VERSIONS - especially with the newer format. It however, can be decompiled (I think) for modifying.

While I've tried to make this program reasonably foolproof, you could be required to reinstall SciTE if you use it foolishly (but only if you don't know how to make manual modifications to SciTE settings files, and something was modified in a way you don't want). I initially did not intend to share this program, as it was written for my own particular needs, but others might share those needs (or some of them) and find it quite handy.

Be aware, that while it can create a backup of each file you choose to process, if you process those same files (same folder path) again, the backups will be ovewritten with new backups.

Essentially this program can setup your user SciTE menus for you. They are however, biased to my Toolbar For Any program and GUIBuilder, etc. Some other changes related to other file types (ini, etc), and abbreviation settings, could also be made (if you process the related settings files).

Basically, I use this program to restore my preferred settings after a new install of AutoIt/SciTE.

Screenshot

Main Dialog

Posted Image

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Now available - CDIni Database v3.0

Important information about the program and many screenshots, can be found here.

Spoiler

userbar.png

* These programs are in my new smaller package format. I recommend you use my Universal Installer program (mentioned below) to install those ones properly.

CDIni Database updated to v3.1 *

See here for details.

New Folders updated to v3.6 *

See here for details.

Universal Installer updated to v1.1

Another bugfix (what a day).

See here for details.

Two new programs now available - Shutdown Options v6.4 & Name Fix v2.3 *

Both can be decompiled, but they are a mix of my much older coding styles, and where updated, my newer styles (especially Shutdown Options, which is one of my oldest programs). So please be forgiving of my inexperienced beginnings.

You can go here to find out about Shutdown Options v6.4

Name Fix v2.3 is one of those invaluable programs I use all the time. I mostly use it for correcting the case of folder and file names, but also to make a name like 'The Fat Cat' become 'Fat Cat, The' or vice-a-versa. It can remove, replace and rename a variety of elements. Favourites, etc are stored for later use. Typically you use the program from your right-click context menu, and never see the program window, unless you want to change a setting.

Screenshot

Main Window

Posted Image

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

This is advance notice of my game Tall Tales, which will be available here soon. It can be a very funny game (but untested fully in digital version). It is currently my intention to make it available just prior to the christmas revelries, so that we can play (test) it during them. I will be making a topic post in the 'Chat' section of the forum, where all will be explained and link to this topic provided. Those who wish to participate, will be able able to register their intent to do so.

Each player will need to download the program (Game) from TheSaint's Toolbox, and we will be playing it by pasting encrypted content into PM's to one another. It should be a lot of fun, so if you are interested, then stay in touch with the forum around that period. o:)

A kind of christmas present to you all, that you will be able to play with friends too ... regardless of how far away they live ... so long as they have email and a PC. :)

Spoiler

userbar.png

Just letting you know that the link for downloading the Universal Installer doesnt work

Thanks Zmaster for letting me know! :D

It is now fixed - was the result of having the word 'setup' in the filename. The file has been renamed. The perils of having two types of install files - one is a zipped setup executable, the other is a zip of program files. I've been in the habit of removing 'setup' from the executable version, so as to be in-line with the others. On this occasion (and once before), I forgot ... MY APOLOGIES! :o

Spoiler

userbar.png

* This program is in my new smaller package format. I recommend you use my Universal Installer program to install it properly.

RGBColor Selector v2.1 has now been removed from it's original shared topic post to this one, to free up some space (and in the process, made into a smaller download). It also now has it's own topic post here, where you can finally read some info about it and see some screenshots.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

* This program is in my new smaller package format. I recommend you use my Universal Installer program to install it properly.

DiscTray Control is now available for the first time.

See here for details and screenshots.

Spoiler

userbar.png

Get CDPlayer Ini v1.2 is now available for the first time. While you could say that a feature in my CDIni Database program kinda makes this older program redundant, I still use it for it's speed and ease of use ... especially when backing up to my USB drive for transferring to my other PC's. It features handy date folders and is a very simple program, just for viewing or backing up your Cdplayer.ini file (if you have one).

Screenshot

Main Dialog

Posted Image

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

It has come to my attention, that at least 2 people are having a problem installing my zip files. If you are also having an issue, then please let me know.

Here are the details, followed by my ideas on how to fix, but I need feedback - especially if you are getting a different error.

The installers you use are all giving me the same error when I try to execute them.

Local $oFolder = $oShell.NameSpace ($sZip)

Local $oFolder = $oShell.NameSpace ($sZip)^ERROR

I am running XP sp2 and AutoIt 3.2.12.1

I even reinstalled my MS VisualC runtime dlls

any ideas what problem is.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

I likewise are using XP SP2 and your version of AutoIt shouldn't matter because my program is compiled.

The commands you quoted are part of the _ZipFunctions.au3 include file, and are not mine, but I suspect you may have installed a third party compression program which has sabotaged the default XP settings in your registry. Try using the fix option on the main dialog, to see if that overcomes your errors. I use ZipGenius myself, it is a very good open source program, very similar to Winzip, but doesn't sabotage your settings if installed right. I also still let Windows open my zips by default, or just right-click on them and open or extract with ZipGenius.

Another thing to check, is that you have set the paths correctly in my Installer Creator program, if you are creating the zips you are having a problem with (especially the build path on the Installer window).

If you are having issues with my zips, then if the fix above doesn't do the trick, then it may be a folder permission thing. The Universal Installer extracts it's files to both the User Temp folder and the Windows Temp folder, and copies the files from there to wherever you want to install them, then cleans up after itself.

If you are using my latest build of Universal Installer, then all files are cleaned up ... I had only realised just recently, that files were also being extracted to the Users Temp folder ... and I'm not exactly sure yet, why that is. I've run into permission issues before, that's why I specify the Windows Temp folder in the program. Mind you, if you are logged in with Admin rights, then none of this should be an issue. If you aren't, then maybe get your Admin to right-click on those two temp folders, and give you permission to write to them.

Hope this helps? Please let me know how you get on. :)

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

GUI Control Styler has just been updated to v1.1. This is a major update, with easy access to all GUI controls independent of the clipboard value, APPLY button renamed to EXPORT, it now features single click Style value addition or removal with smart fixing, comma & bracket feature changed to buttons, and additional plus and clear buttons, extra program options via button on Information dialog (i.e. close on export, disable recommendation dialog).

GUI Control Styler v1.1 is much easier and better to use. :)

Screenshots (new)

Main Window

Posted Image

Options Dialog

Posted Image

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Some more news about Tall Tales, which can be found here, and which I'll hopefully upload soon so we can play just after Christmas Day ... when most might have a bit of free time ... not that it takes a long time to play individually ... just collectively. :o

Anyway, this is another advance warning for those who might like to play it via a topic post in the Chat Forum. :D

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Well Tall Tales v1.5 has been uploaded as promised, go here for the latest details.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

@TheSaint

I dont know if its for all programs but I have an install and in my point of view if that not contain more than 50 files that suck (I dont say that to you), so it will be appreciate that you put link for install and link for compressed sources if it doesnt exists :)

Edit : I say that because if its just for testing it take 5min for install and uninstall...

Edited by FireFox

@TheSaint

I dont know if its for all programs but I have an install and in my point of view if that not contain more than 50 files that suck (I dont say that to you), so it will be appreciate that you put link for install and link for compressed sources if it doesnt exists :)

Edit : I say that because if its just for testing it take 5min for install and uninstall...

I'm really having trouble understanding what you want - obviously a french/english issue.

Possibly you are asking for a zipped version of my installer (exe) downloads?

Some of my downloads are already in the zip format, and most of the others will be changed to that soon.

I'm really struggling with the '50 files that suck' section. Not much idea of what you are saying there.

1) Are you using one of my programs?

2) Or are you having download issues?

Spoiler

userbar.png