TheSaint's Toolbox

TheSaint

Abbreviation Database has had a small update to v2.9. Basically, you can elect to restore the program window after Tagscanner closes, etc.

See first post for the download.

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

wow, Impressive collection. I'm gonna have to check a few of these out. One that I know offhand that would probably help me out is the AutoIT version switcher. I was wondering how I should have gone about switching versions myself.

Thx for all that work (and releasing it for free too!)

Ascend4nt

wow, Impressive collection. I'm gonna have to check a few of these out. One that I know offhand that would probably help me out is the AutoIT version switcher. I was wondering how I should have gone about switching versions myself.

Thx for all that work (and releasing it for free too!)

Ascend4nt

No worries, my pleasure to share!

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

CDIni Database has been updated to v3.6. This involves several improvements and new features since v3.3, and has some minor bugfixes.

See the first post for the download, and here (shortly) for new screenshots & details. I'm also sharing many of the 'Artist' ini files I've created with the program.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Installer Creator 2.6

yea but you have #include GUIconstants.au3 when you need #include WindowsConstants.au3 in the .au3 file that is built after the first stage, so it dont run when you try to use the built install .exe.

also the uninstaller for your program did not remove the reg entry for the context menu from my right mouse button "Build Installer", i had to do it manual.

could be good though .

Edited by JackDinn

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

JD's Auto Internet Speed Tester

JD's Clip Catch (With Screen Shot Helper)

Projects :- AutoIt - My projects

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. :-D

Installer Creator 2.6

yea but you have #include GUIconstants.au3 when you need #include WindowsConstants.au3 in the .au3 file that is built after the first stage, so it dont run when you try to use the built install .exe.

also the uninstaller for your program did not remove the reg entry for the context menu from my right mouse button "Build Installer", i had to do it manual.

could be good though .

Hi JackDinn,

Thanks for trying the program, and I'm sorry you are having troubles with it.

First off, let me say it works fine for me, so I need to know what version of AutoIt you are using?

Secondly, the #include WindowsConstants.au3 entry should be there.

Thirdly, are you sure that you are using v2.6 of my program?

With that version, you no longer need to have the GUIconstants.au3 file in the program directory for compatibility with later versions of AutoIt (as suggested by an earlier post in that topic ... before I updated the program) - if you do have it there, then that might be your problem (especially with an older version of AutoIt).

Fourthly, like most programs, you have to change registry settings from within the program itself (i.e. like the "Installer Creator" context entry). My Installer Creator program creates a generic installer & uninstaller, so removing registry entries created by any installed program, is beyond the bounds of the Uninstaller (that limit is specified somewhere). There is a checkbox on the main window of the Installer Creator program, to remove the context entry you mentioned. The Installer/Uninstaller program only removes registry entries & shortcuts, that it itself created on installing whatever program it was built for. I hope this hasn't confused you - just don't confuse the built Installer, with the Installer Creator program (each make their own registry mods).

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

many thx for the reply, im not quite sure how to tell which ver of autoit im using but the autoit help file says v3.3.0.0 and i also have beta installed. yea i have ver 2.6 of your prog.

it was almost certainly something stupid i didn't understand but it gets a little complicated to explain problems with this as we are talking about a program that installs it`self which makes installations of other programs which themselves may install things.

so i decided to just build my own specific for the software im trying to release, it`s nothing really just using the FileInstall command a lot.

i may well have another look at your prog again soon as would be a lot better and prob easier.

Thx very much for the response it is appreciated :P

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

many thx for the reply, im not quite sure how to tell which ver of autoit im using but the autoit help file says v3.3.0.0 and i also have beta installed. yea i have ver 2.6 of your prog.

it was almost certainly something stupid i didn't understand but it gets a little complicated to explain problems with this as we are talking about a program that installs it`self which makes installations of other programs which themselves may install things.

so i decided to just build my own specific for the software im trying to release, it`s nothing really just using the FileInstall command a lot.

i may well have another look at your prog again soon as would be a lot better and prob easier.

Thx very much for the response it is appreciated :P

No worries! :unsure:

It should work fine with v3.3.0.0 but not sure about the beta.

When I get a chance, I will check again ... I still ain't using later versions of AutoIt yet ... need time to fix some SciTE issues (answers I got to queries weren't specific).

Spoiler

userbar.png

well im having another look now, ......

so all iv done is choose an .exe (thats in a folder on it`s own with readme.txt) as source to use to test this with, click on build and that's fine it builds the installer.exe but when i try to run the created installer it copy's something to a temp folder and then crashes, as pic abouve.

i have completely removed your software and then re-dl`ed it again but still the same thing.

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

well im having another look now, ......

so all iv done is choose an .exe (thats in a folder on it`s own with readme.txt) as source to use to test this with, click on build and that's fine it builds the installer.exe but when i try to run the created installer it copy's something to a temp folder and then crashes, as pic abouve.

i have completely removed your software and then re-dl`ed it again but still the same thing.

That error is related to the zipping commands in the _ZipFunctions.au3 #Include file. I've discussed this before, so you need to click on the Info link and go straight to the Installer Creator topic, and read any relevant posts there. You may need to follow the links there, elsewhere (especially to the topic for the zip functions). I believe there may be some issue relating to later versions of AutoIt.

Hopefully that will clear things up for you and get it working properly.

Spoiler

userbar.png

nop , read 3 times through the thread and have tried all suggestion, uninstalled WinRar and made sure that the .zip was associated with the built in windows zip functionality, copied GUIConstants.au3 and GUIConstantsEx.au3 to the Installer Creator folder etc.

ah i give, was worth a try though.

maybe i shall have another look at the next Ver

Thx for your time.

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

nop , read 3 times through the thread and have tried all suggestion, uninstalled WinRar and made sure that the .zip was associated with the built in windows zip functionality, copied GUIConstants.au3 and GUIConstantsEx.au3 to the Installer Creator folder etc.

ah i give, was worth a try though.

maybe i shall have another look at the next Ver

Thx for your time.

Definitely don't have GUIConstants.au3 and GUIConstantsEx.au3 located in that folder.

Are you using XP or Vista etc?

Maybe try my Create Zip Within program ... if that works OK, then something else is at fault. I suspect it won't, and that there is a zip function incompatibility.

Spoiler

userbar.png

well putting GUIConstants.au3 and GUIConstantsEx.au3 in that folder was sugested and wasent guna hurt so i tryied it even though i knew it wasn't guna help. I did see that someone else had exactly the same problem when reading the thread you pointed out but no real answer.

iv tried create zip within and it works fine.

im using XPprosp3

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

well putting GUIConstants.au3 and GUIConstantsEx.au3 in that folder was sugested and wasent guna hurt so i tryied it even though i knew it wasn't guna help. I did see that someone else had exactly the same problem when reading the thread you pointed out but no real answer.

iv tried create zip within and it works fine.

im using XPprosp3

You were only mean't to have the GUIConstants.au3 file there for an older version of my program. If either of those two files are different to what is in your AutoIt Include folder, then that could be your problem (as their location means that they take precedence).

That error message you posted, seems to be definitely related to zipping, so try putting the _ZipFunctions.au3 from the Create Zip Within program folder, into the Installer Creator folder - overwriting the existing one there ... they should be identical, but they might not be, as I did make an edit to make it more compatible with later versions of AutoIt at one point.

How big is the executable you are building with (not the finished one)?

Have you set all the Installer options required (including Uninstall)?

Maybe paste or link here to your .inst file, so that I can check it? Or add it as an attachment in a PM to me.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

the Create Zip Within folder does not contain _ZipFunctions.au3, i have already dl`ed the installer 3 times so i have "replaced" it anyway.

the exe is 437KB in size

im sure the settings are ok although i did notice that no matter what i set the Build location to it dont build anywhere except the source location.

[source File]

path=C:\Documents and Settings\Greg\Desktop\JDAST pack\JDAutoSpeedTester.exe

folder=C:\Documents and Settings\Greg\Desktop\JDAST pack

filename=JDAutoSpeedTester.exe

name=JDAutoSpeedTester

title=JDAutoSpeedTester

[Program Details]

name=JDAutoSpeedTester

version=v1.0

[JDAutoSpeedTester.exe]

filename=JDAutoSpeedTester.exe

folder=JDAutoSpeedTester

path=C:\Documents and Settings\Greg\Desktop\JDAST pack

[readme.txt]

filename=readme.txt

folder=JDAutoSpeedTester

path=C:\Documents and Settings\Greg\Desktop\JDAST pack

[include Folders]

list=

[include Files]

list=|JDAutoSpeedTester.exe|readme.txt|

[Default]

location=Program Files

[install Path]

default=C:\Program Files\JDAutoSpeedTester

[Existing Files]

overwrite=4

[After Install]

run=1

[uninstaller]

include=1

[build]

path=C:\Documents and Settings\Greg\Desktop\New Folder

[selective Uninstall]

set=1

files=|JDAutoSpeedTester.exe|readme.txt|

folders=

[uninstall.lnk]

id=

[Last Action]

create=BUILD

if im having trouble with the generated installation file then i dont know if i could use it as others may have problems as well and i wouldn't be able to help them, i should prob stick with my install method at least i know exactly what it`s doing. I hope this helps with something others might comment on in the future.

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

the Create Zip Within folder does not contain _ZipFunctions.au3, i have already dl`ed the installer 3 times so i have "replaced" it anyway.

Silly me, sorry about that, it's precompiled of course. Even Installer Creator doesn't require it - I just supply it as a bonus.

the exe is 437KB in size

That should be fine.

im sure the settings are ok although i did notice that no matter what i set the Build location to it dont build anywhere except the source location.

Yes, the settings seem fine, though maybe the source path length is an issue ... try it outside of 'My Documents' (i.e. C:\Temp). I'll have to look into the build path ... you may have discovered a bug (something I forgot to check maybe).

if im having trouble with the generated installation file then i dont know if i could use it as others may have problems as well and i wouldn't be able to help them, i should prob stick with my install method at least i know exactly what it`s doing. I hope this helps with something others might comment on in the future.

I'll have to test your .inst file values and get back to you (probably tomorrow). I often use Installer Creator several times a day, without issue, and install my creations on three different computers without problem ... not to mention all the downloads of my programs, some of which you've installed yourself, so it must be something minor that is causing a problem (something I never do probably ... like the long path ... all my stuff is on TrueCrypt drives with a much shorter path). Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 2 months later...

@TheSaint

Nice collection you have there!

P.S

I understand that this is lot of work to do now, but you could upload (or maby it's just a note to other who will use this uploading method as you do) an html page and redirect to needed location, so user will not have to follow after text-link.

Something like this:

AutoIt Version Switcher.html

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh"    CONTENT="1; URL=http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~timbhall/timbhall/downloads/TSAVS12/AutoIt Version Switcher v1.5.zip"><title>Downloading</title><p align="center">  <face="Ethnocentric">       <b>AutoIt Version Switcher v1.5 download - (197 kb)</b>     <br>        Your download will start in a few moments, please wait...       <br><br>        <small><div style='text-align: left;'>To understand my reasons for using this download method, please visit <a href="http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71862" target="_blank">this AutoIt post</a>.</div></small>   </font></p>

How it will work you can see from this attached html-file: AutoIt_Version_Switcher.html

Edited by MrCreatoR

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif
==================================================

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

@TheSaint

Nice collection you have there!

P.S

I understand that this is lot of work to do now, but you could upload (or maby it's just a note to other who will use this uploading method as you do) an html page and redirect to needed location, so user will not have to follow after text-link.

@Concon - Thank you!

@MrCreatoR - Thank you also. My first intention, was to do just as you suggest, and if you go to the link mentioned in the reason for my method, you will find it takes you to a post where all this was discussed. The short of it, was that general consensus resulted in favor of a text file being less worrisome and threatening to downloaders ... who might be concerned about being re-directed (i.e. not knowing what code may be running in the background).

Whatever the case may be, it is quite simple to either copy & paste the link listed in the text file into your favourite downloader, or just into another window/tab and let your default downloader take over ... all just a couple of seconds work really and far less troublesome than the majority of sites on the web these days.

One day, I will hopefully find time to tackle my own download counter, and thus make my current method here redundant.

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 1 month later...

NEWS

Ok, I just spent a fair amount of time fixing the formatting on my first post in this topic.

A lot of things were askew, which is probably more to do with faults in the old forum, than the new, which I am really starting to like ... even though a lot of things are/were broken ... still Jon, Valik & Co are putting in a mighty effort to address most if not all of these issues ... a round of applause please!

The discerning of you, just might notice, that my (yet to be uploaded) program 'alert Timer', has a crossed through uppercase A, this is because the system kept reverting it to lowercase ... alert must be a keyword or something.

Shortly, I will be uploading a whole swag of program updates (more than a dozen just sitting there). So while not much activity has been happening on this topic post, behind the scenes I've been doing lots of work. In particular, I've done some major work to CDIni Database, which is by far my biggest program now, with well over 16,300 lines of code. Also of note among the updates, is a major bugfix to Installer Creator (which I only discovered yesterday, and worked on several hours) ... it included improvements in shortcut management, but fixed an oversight that prevented the 'parameter' feature working in Universal Installer packages.

I'm also going to see if the new BBcodes will let me dress things up a little better here ... Html? too ... would love to get my original Table idea working.

Stay Tuned!

EDIT

I see the system has lowercased the capital 'A' in alert above too, so it appears that you cannot use it anywhere without that happening.

Should I be celebrating the 100th post in this topic ... just noticed that?

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png