Any working example of Nomad Memory

Yorn

My original thread is here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...&pid=579254

Put simply, I'm trying to figure out why I can't read "char" but everything I do read in other tests are 0, zero, and null. It would appear that NomadMemory isn't working at all.

What I'd like now is for someone to provide me with an EXE and sample code that nomad memory does work on, so if I still have problems I can hopefully figure out what they are. I will compensate you for your time if you're having to write up something special.

My original thread is here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...&pid=579254

Put simply, I'm trying to figure out why I can't read "char" but everything I do read in other tests are 0, zero, and null. It would appear that NomadMemory isn't working at all.

What I'd like now is for someone to provide me with an EXE and sample code that nomad memory does work on, so if I still have problems I can hopefully figure out what they are. I will compensate you for your time if you're having to write up something special.

I have seen a few posts by people using cheat engine and NomadMemory so searching should find something.

In post #8 of your previous thread I gave a link to an example. It's using 2 scripts, one of which is run by the other so maybe it won't be what you want, although you could compile one or both to exe's.

You say you can't read Char but I think it is more likely that you can but you just don't believe it should be what NomadMemeory is telling you it is.

What did you find when you tried to read the memory address as bytes? Or as an int?

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

When read in as byte I got 0x00000000 several times, when I read in as int I got the number 0. Everything I've ever read with NomadMemory has been null or 0, it would seem.

Believe me, I have scoured the forums and no example matches what I'm looking for yet. There's one that requires Diablo II (And I doubt it still works on the latest Diablo II) and there is another that requires Inkball and I don't know what that is. I'll take a look at the example you said you posted, but I'm pretty certain I've tried all of them. Of course this maybe begs the question, what version of AutoIt should I be using?

EDIT: I remember why I didn't do your example, I couldn't find sendmessage.au3 or editconstants.au3. On a hunch, I deleted them in the includes. Now I get the attached screenshot when I run them. It looks like it's reading something, but certainly not the text/string variable. Still, this is the closest I've gotten yet, so I definitely appreciate the heads up.

post-26322-1221747301_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yorn

When read in as byte I got 0x00000000 several times, when I read in as int I got the number 0. Everything I've ever read with NomadMemory has been null or 0, it would seem.

Believe me, I have scoured the forums and no example matches what I'm looking for yet. There's one that requires Diablo II (And I doubt it still works on the latest Diablo II) and there is another that requires Inkball and I don't know what that is. I'll take a look at the example you said you posted, but I'm pretty certain I've tried all of them. Of course this maybe begs the question, what version of AutoIt should I be using?

EDIT: I remember why I didn't do your example, I couldn't find sendmessage.au3 or editconstants.au3. On a hunch, I deleted them in the includes. Now I get the attached screenshot when I run them. It looks like it's reading something, but certainly not the text/string variable. Still, this is the closest I've gotten yet, so I definitely appreciate the heads up.

What version of AutoIt are you using? Sounds like it might be quite old.

What OS?

I'll send you a link to download an exe of that example. If that works on your PC then it is something to do with the version of AutoiIt. If it doesn't work it's something to do with your PC/OS.

EDIT:

I notice that Szhlopp has a thread here related to cheat engine and NomadMemory. At a quick glance his udf might be useful. It looks as though the addresses given by cheat engine are relative to the base addres for the process and not absolute addresses.

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

What version of AutoIt are you using? Sounds like it might be quite old.

v3.2.10.0

What OS?

I'll send you a link to download an exe of that example. If that works on your PC then it is something to do with the version of AutoiIt. If it doesn't work it's something to do with your PC/OS.

It did work! This surprised me. I am running it on Windows XP.

EDIT:

I notice that Szhlopp has a thread here related to cheat engine and NomadMemory. At a quick glance his udf might be useful. It looks as though the addresses given by cheat engine are relative to the base addres for the process and not absolute addresses.

Cheat Engine puts what I think might be an offset or the address of a pointer in the executable name itself after reading what Szhlopp had to say. I did download his example, but I didn't understand what he was talking about because game.exe+04DC isn't how it's listed in the actual CE, instead it is listed as 000004DC-game.exe. So maybe CE changed how they listed this.

I'm going to hold off till I get a chance to ask on their forums about what that hex address is supposed to be. I ran through the manual and didn't see anything with a quick glance that would indicate what it is, but it may be I need to read it more thoroughly. If I've been using Cheat Engine all along to do this, it would make sense why I've never gotten it to work.

Anyway, thanks to martin for his help here. If anyone else has any suggestions that maybe uses Cheat Engine along with their AutoIT, I'd appreciate any comments you may have! Thanks.

v3.2.10.0

I think it would be worth updating. There were some versions which had bugs with SendMessage and that could be part of your problem although I've forgotten which versions. (Even though the history of changes in the help doesn't seem to mention it.)