Output Pane of SciTE4Autoit3 not displaying information

Ray

Request for help, originally posted here in a post that I made yesterday.

I've uninstalled AutoIt3 and SciTE4Autoit3 several times, changed permissions on applicable directories and files on the Vista machine and compared the Local Options, User Options, Global Options files and au3.properties with the XP box with no results.

This script:

#RequireAdmin 
$msg = MsgBox (3, "Title", "Press a button, and see what the console outputs!")

Switch $msg
    Case 6
        ConsoleWrite ("DEBUGGING EXAMPLE: MsgBox() Returned " & $msg & " (Yes)" & @CRLF)
    Case 7
        ConsoleWrite ("DEBUGGING EXAMPLE: MsgBox() Returned " & $msg & " (No)" & @CRLF)
    Case 2
        ConsoleWrite ("DEBUGGING EXAMPLE: MsgBox() Returned " & $msg & " (Cancel)" & @CRLF)
EndSwitch

Works great on the XP box, with the following displayed in the Output Pane of SciTE4Autoit3:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "\\Dell-8qv7xg1\Auto-It\Test2.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams

+>08:25:35 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.10.1.12 Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000409 OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 2 CPU:X86 ANSI)

>Running AU3Check (1.54.13.0) from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta

+>08:25:36 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.2.13.7):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "\\Dell-8qv7xg1\Auto-It\Test2.au3"

DEBUGGING EXAMPLE: MsgBox() Returned 6 (Yes)

+>08:25:40 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

+>08:25:41 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished

>Exit code: 0 Time: 6.410

The same script run on the Vista laptop results in only the following displayed in the output pane:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Auto-It\Test2.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams

>Exit code: 0 Time: 2.360

The laptop is executing the script showing the Message Box defined in line two of the code and does appear to function normally for the execution of this script and for any other scripts that I've run on it with the exception of showing the information in the Output Pane.

Any help in pointing me toward a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

Edited by Ray

Request for help, originally posted here in a post that I made yesterday.

I've uninstalled AutoIt3 and SciTE4Autoit3 several times, changed permissions on applicable directories and files on the Vista machine and compared the Local Options, User Options, Global Options files and au3.properties with the XP box with no results.

This script:

$msg = MsgBox (3, "Title", "Press a button, and see what the console outputs!")

Switch $msg
    Case 6
        ConsoleWrite ("DEBUGGING EXAMPLE: MsgBox() Returned " & $msg & " (Yes)" & @CRLF)
    Case 7
        ConsoleWrite ("DEBUGGING EXAMPLE: MsgBox() Returned " & $msg & " (No)" & @CRLF)
    Case 2
        ConsoleWrite ("DEBUGGING EXAMPLE: MsgBox() Returned " & $msg & " (Cancel)" & @CRLF)
EndSwitch

Works great on the XP box, with the following displayed in the Output Pane of SciTE4Autoit3:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "\\Dell-8qv7xg1\Auto-It\Test2.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams

+>08:25:35 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.10.1.12 Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000409 OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 2 CPU:X86 ANSI)

>Running AU3Check (1.54.13.0) from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta

+>08:25:36 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.2.13.7):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "\\Dell-8qv7xg1\Auto-It\Test2.au3"

DEBUGGING EXAMPLE: MsgBox() Returned 6 (Yes)

+>08:25:40 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

+>08:25:41 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished

>Exit code: 0 Time: 6.410

The same script run on the Vista laptop results in only the following displayed in the output pane:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Auto-It\Test2.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams

>Exit code: 0 Time: 2.360

The laptop is executing the script showing the Message Box defined in line one of the code and does appear to function normally for the execution of this script and for any other scripts that I've run on it with the exception of showing the information in the Output Pane.

Any help in pointing me toward a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

Did you have #RequireAdmin in it? This would be expected in Vista because the script gets re-launched as another process, and so loses its handle to the SciTE console that ran the first instance.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Thanks, PsaltyDS

I had not tried #RequireAdmin in this script but had in others. Just tried this script again with the first line a #RequireAdmin , but the results was the same.

Well, I was looking for #RequireAdmin to be the cause, not the solution... so that wasn't it.

Since I haven't been afflicted with Vista yet, I'm not going to be much more help, I guess.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Found a solution discovered by Aesus in this post and implemented it. Vista laptop and XP box now display same information when running scripts.

Thanks, Aesus.

Can anyone explain why this edit (see Aesus' post) fixed the problem and what if any errors or problems will result from having made this change to Autoit3Wrapper?