RunAsWait problems and Quiet mode.

1bobby

I am still having problems with the RunAsWait command. Along the same lines, can't seem to get the quiet switch to work in the install programs. I am checking to find out if a program (or update) in installed and if it is, I skip the install. If not I try and run the install/update. I have tried the local machine administrator, Domain is the local machine name and the password is the password for the local machine. Just flys through the function saying it is installed. I have three such functions, of for IE7, Widnows SP3 and Office SP3. All do the same thing. A sample of the code is as follows:

Func InstallIE7()

If Not FileExists(@WindowsDir & "\ie7") Then

RunAsWait("Admin user", "Domain", "Password", 0, @ScriptDir & "\Files\IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe/Q","", @SW_MAXIMIZE)

Sleep(100)

MsgBox(4096, "MK2008", "Installed IE7", 4)

EndIf

MsgBox(0, "NK08", "IE7 installed", 1)

;SUIExplorer()

EndFunc ;==>InstallIE7

Note: Code is all on one line i.e.@ SW_MAXIMIZE

Any suggestions? I am thinkfull for any help, Thanks in advance. bobby

What error(s) are you seeing?

Does the same script behave as you wish for it to if you use RunWait instead? Does the problem with getting a quiet install occur with RunWait?

Are you accessing files on a network share, as you were in your previous thread?

Yes yes yes, there it was. Youth must go, ah yes. But youth is only being in a way like it might be an animal. No, it is not just being an animal so much as being like one of these malenky toys you viddy being sold in the streets, like little chellovecks made out of tin and with a spring inside and then a winding handle on the outside and you wind it up grrr grrr grrr and off it itties, like walking, O my brothers. But it itties in a straight line and bangs straight into things bang bang and it cannot help what it is doing. Being young is like being like one of these malenky machines.

Actually, in the code I do have the space /q. I have been changing it so much, when I copied the code, I just added the /q as I would like to get it working. The task in what we call net keeping. We make changes to all the PCs so 300 plus. Some of the stuff needs to be done in the administration mode, while the rest much be in the user profile. The problem is the programs just dont run.