IE.au3 help

Gustorm

Well, i spent my whole afternoon(and eveening:P) to figure out how to use the IE.au3 UDF. I didn't succeed:D I wanted to make an easy script(easy for those, who know what to do). It would be really important for me to make this. I want the script to go to this site: http://tesnexus.com/modules/login/index.php?redirect=/ fill in the Username and the password fields with $username and $password and then click to the login. I know it is very easy, but please if you can help me. Thanks

You have to read help files, and understand the examples. For the first time I also didn't figured out how does it works, but I tried, and now I know.

Heres a little snippet, that you can use:

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate("http://tesnexus.com/modules/login/index.php?redirect=/")
;$oIE = _IEAttach("http://tesnexus.com/modules/login/index.php?redirect=/", "URL")

$oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE, 1)
$oQuery = _IEFormElementGetCollection($oForm, 1)
_IEFormElementSetValue($oQuery, "Username")
$oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE, 1)
$oQuery = _IEFormElementGetCollection($oForm, 2)
_IEFormElementSetValue($oQuery, "Password")

Oh, and the best, if you use something extension for your browser (IE: DebugBar - if i remember correctly but firefox is better, FireFox: Web Developer addon).

Isn't there a way to download with the IE.au3 similar to integet? Or download with inetget with logged in Tesnexus? This is my problem: if i download with IE.au3 the script won't wait until the download is finished(AND i cant choose which folder I want to download), and the inetget script wont download because it isn't logged in... I hope somebody can help.

Edited by Gustorm

• Moderators

Isn't there a way to download with the IE.au3 similar to integet? Or download with inetget with logged in Tesnexus? This is my probel: if i wonload with IE.au3 the script won't wait until the download is finished(AND i cant choose which folder I want to download), and the inetget script wont download because it isn't logged in... I hope somebody can help.

Do a search for http.au3 on the forum and see if that meets your criteria.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I think it's not good. I'd need a progress bar for the download(easy with inetget), and I can't download with http.au3 from tesnexus, because it's password protected(with files larger than 2MB) So I'd like an inetget function with useable login on this site: www.tesnexus.com (Maybe http.au3 is good but I can't use it, there are no description or example scripts where I can learn from)

Can you explain your question in more detail plesae? I don't understand what you are needing to do.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Here is this site: www.tesnexus.com On this, if you want to download a file bigger than 2MB you must be logged in. So i want to make a script what:

1. Log you in to the site

2. Download the file to a specified location with a specified name with a progress bar if possible

3. The script should wait the end of the download before starting any new functions(after the download there will be a MsgBox)

So this is what I'd like. I hope it is clear now. If you want even more detail, ask and I'll answer :)

download a file

This is the part that is unclear. You say nothing of how this is accomplished or what happens when you try.

Dale

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

With inetget? Nothing. It just downloads a 0KB file. With IE.au3 it's simply not good. I can't save the file to a specified directory, and there is that message in IE: do yoöu want to download the file? So it's too complicated. I need a function what's similar(if noot the same) to the inetget but it should download wfiles from this file. I've tried with simple inetget, inetget with password(http://xxxx:yyyy@tesnexus.com), and IE.au3. I don't really undarstand the http.au3 so i haven't tried it with that yet. If someone could tell me which function is good for this, or how to make this to work I'd bee very happy. Thanks

I won't try to speak for anyone else, but you still don't provide a good enough explanation for me to help you. You need to assume that I know nothing about the website that you are trying to use, which I don't, and give a step by step description of what you want to do, what you have to work with, what you've tried and what happenened when you did. I could try to guess at all of these things until you let me know I guessed right, but you aren't paying me to do this and I won't waste my time doing such a thing -- others might.

Dale

I'm guessing this person wants to have a function (either default or UDF) that they can use to download a file from this website. The website has a restriction on file downloads and won't allow certain files to be downloaded without the person being logged in. This person wants something to login and retrieve the file for them, downloading it to the specified directory. It seems this person has tried inetget() before and tried the syntax of adding their user/pass to the url they pass. This person was presented with the http.au3 but they don't understand its usage. Hope I explained a bit for you from what I gather of this thread Mr. Guru Dale (sorry, had to do that since you are good with solutions when the problem is presented correctly).

There are many ways that a web page can present for downloading a file. The method used on this website has never been described.