ActiveX supported environment

Champak

• Moderators

If an activeX has supported environments of Visual C++ 6.0 Visual C++ 7.0 (.NET 2002) Visual C++ 7.1 (.NET 2003) Visual C++ 8.0 (.NET 2005) can I use that with AutoIt?

Why in the world would you? There are far more options native than with the xdll. Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I kind of figured out already that I can use the activeX(I'm assuming that's what you mean by xdll(activex dll)), although it is giving me some problems with creating some essential objects right now.

But I don't understand what you mean. I'm provided with an xdll and a regular dll. From what I understand the xdll is providing me with "easy" access through COM objects to use the functions that I need......I have NO understanding of how to use the dllopen and dllcall to use the "regular" dll. Plus I always thought activex dlls/ocx were easier to program anyway.?.?. So please clarify. Or was I just not clear in my OP?

• Moderators

I kind of figured out already that I can use the activeX(I'm assuming that's what you mean by xdll(activex dll)), although it is giving me some problems with creating some essential objects right now.

But I don't understand what you mean. I'm provided with an xdll and a regular dll. From what I understand the xdll is providing me with "easy" access through COM objects to use the functions that I need......I have NO understanding of how to use the dllopen and dllcall to use the "regular" dll. Plus I always thought activex dlls/ocx were easier to program anyway.?.?. So please clarify. Or was I just not clear in my OP?

Using the AutoItX.dll within AutoIt is like trying to mix Jiffy Peanut Butter with Peter Pan Peanut Butter. In the end, they're both just peanut butter, but the result will never taste the same.

You have all the functionality of the dll within autoit. To be blunt. You're wasting your time.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

We might have a miscommunication here. I'm not trying to use AutoItX.dll. I may have made an error in posting to this forum from your assumption. I'm trying to understand how to use a xdll from another application with autoit. I assumed by the title of the forum that any problems with any activex/com should go in this forum.

EDIT: I just read the forum description portion, I'm definately in the wrong place. Sorry.

Edited by Champak

• Moderators

We might have a miscommunication here. I'm not trying to use AutoItX.dll. I may have made an error in posting to this forum from your assumption. I'm trying to understand how to use a xdll from another application with autoit. I assumed by the title of the forum that any problems with any activex/com should go in this forum.

EDIT: I just read the forum description portion, I'm definately in the wrong place. Sorry.

I moved it to General Support.