IE Integration..need help!

IndyUK

Hi,

I've been looking through most, if not all, posts reagrding the IE.au3 and still cannot get the IE automation to work. I've got to a stage that I'm getting the following errors...

--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Warning from function _IEFormGetObjByName, $_IEStatus_NoMatch
--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IEFormElementGetObjByName, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType
--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IEFormElementGetObjByName, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType
--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IEFormElementSetValue, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType
--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IEFormElementSetValue, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType

Problem is I don't understand how to use the object. Like the majority of newbies, I'm just copying code and trying my best to subsitute object references which are relevant to my project.

Could someone please walk me through this one step at a time?

Hi,

I've been looking through most, if not all, posts reagrding the IE.au3 and still cannot get the IE automation to work. I've got to a stage that I'm getting the following errors...

--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Warning from function _IEFormGetObjByName, $_IEStatus_NoMatch

Problem is I don't understand how to use the object. Like the majority of newbies, I'm just copying code and trying my best to subsitute object references which are relevant to my project.

Could someone please walk me through this one step at a time?

Stick with the first error for now, as the others may have been caused by that one not working.

IE uses a standard Document Object Model (DOM) for the page displayed in a browser. It is a hierarchical structure. At the top is the $oIE object you get from _IECreate() or _IEAttach(). Next down the tree is usually a FORM, and inside the form will be ELEMENTS like links, tables, and INPUT tags.

In the errors above, it looks like your attempt to get a FORM object reference from the browser (something like: _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "FormName")), failed because the form wasn't found. All the _IEFormElement*() stuff after that failed because the form reference used was invalid due to the first error.

You have to fix you reference to the FORM object. Why did you use _IEFormElementGetObjByName()? Do you know the name of the form? How did you find it?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law