Hooks in AutoIt

jvanegmond

If your goal is to dynamically include crap why not do it yourself? Like parse it your self using an execute or similer function for functions and then if statements for keywords such as loops etc. ? Than load the sequence to memory, and recall as needed. It makes sense to me ok.

Pardon me? :P This is a serious branch of programming, not "dynamically include crap".

That aside, how do you suggest I transfer variables from one execute to the next? I am not going to be re-creating the entire language just for something like dynamically including. Just run it as source code and it includes at run-time, but that effectively destroys the whole idea of add-ons.

So, why did I write and post this? Proof of concept.

Pardon me? :P This is a serious branch of programming, not "dynamically include crap".

That aside, how do you suggest I transfer variables from one execute to the next? I am not going to be re-creating the entire language just for something like dynamically including. Just run it as source code and it includes at run-time, but that effectively destroys the whole idea of add-ons.

So, why did I write and post this? Proof of concept.

Pardon me for my inexcusable use of innappropriate language. I have a tendancie to substitute my "in life" speaking vernacular with that of the far more sophisticated, "internet" vernacular. In translation, "dynamically include crap" was intended to convey the message of somthing more along the lines of "dynamically including information, functions, variables and other objects as seen in include and/or header files". As to the inarticulate idea that I formerly put forth, I was simply expanding upon the previous talk of how dynamically loading functions would improve the usefullness of your Proof of Concept. What I put forth was a rough idea my mind splurted ("splurted" referring to the rapid expulsion of my idea) out on the spur of the moment about how to go about organizing this idea, and bringing it into reality. While I have no doubt there are holes in the reasoning, I am sure they can be worked around. If you would like me to further dwell upon this subject and come up with a solution to resolve this problem I would be happy to, as this is exactly the type of problem that I excel in solving (with no small amount of enjoyment, I assure you). Now I will retire to my barracks and go puff lightly on a small oak pipe that has been passed down through my family and use nothing but the highest quality cuban tobbacco.

:(

Oh and as an aside I wasn't suggesting recreating the language, only saying that keywords would have to be handled differently than functions.

Love you Manadar. :idea:

Edited by BillLuvsU

[center][/center]Working on the next big thing.Currently Playing: Halo 4, League of LegendsXBL GT: iRememberYhslaw

Great post. :P I am glad you asked actually, I am now writing up a full example of how this can be used to actually do something.

Edit: Ok, I've written up a basic chat box. You are the only one chatting, but it shows the usage of hooks to create addons. I had to slightly update the library, which is not yet in the first post.

http://www.manadar.com/repository/autoit/Hooks.zip

Edited by Manadar