Help needed with _IE

IndyUK

I'm running the following code to search for an img tag that has "error.gif".

$oTags = _IETagNameGetCollection ($oIE, "img")  
For $oTag In $oTags
  ConsoleWrite($oTag.type)
Next

But get an error...

ConsoleWrite($oTag.type)
ConsoleWrite($oTag.type^ ERROR

What am I doing wrong?

What I'm trying to do is scan for what appears to be a message box which has an error message. This is not your standard Windows message box. It appears to be a table which use the "div" tag.

Could someone please help me in getting this to work?

Thanks

Edited by IndyUK

The only names you can use fo _IETagNameGetCollection are:

Tagname, InnerHTML, InnerText, OuterHTML, OuterText, Title, Id, Value

I think you are meant to use _IEImgGetCollection

0x576520616C6C206469652C206C697665206C69666520617320696620796F75207765726520696E20746865206C617374207365636F6E642E

The only names you can use fo _IETagNameGetCollection are:

Tagname, InnerHTML, InnerText, OuterHTML, OuterText, Title, Id, Value

I think you are meant to use _IEImgGetCollection

Hi TerarinK...

Thanks for the pointers..I'm looking into this.

On a side note, do you know of any comprehensive tutorial for the _IE udf? My work place is looking into this type of technology and we have sourced a commercial product which basically does what AutoIt does, except it cost. I've found that working with Windows forms and controls easy pretty straight forward. However, html is a pig. What I find hard to grasp is how do I check for message boxes or anything that is generated by the web page (tables, tags elements etc..).

I've been looking at AutoIt for a few days now and have to say that it's fantastic and my personal opinion is we (that's the organisation I work for) can use it without having to buy the commercial equivilant. But I must work out how to control html pages before I can submit my findings.

I really would appreciate if you (or anyone) can help me crack how to utilise AutoIt in controlling web pages.

Thanks

Suggest you run some of the examples in the helpfile and play with them to get a flavor for it. Each one of them is a stand-alone, working piece of code. Then get an idea for something you'd like to do, try it, then post your code and ask for help when you run into trouble.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble