Domainview Program

archrival

This is an updated version of my Domain Viewer. It's sort of specific to my domain, it checks for Dells and use Lotus Notes. It's not a problem if they aren't there. This program allows you to display all PCs in your domain, you can show IPs for the PCs and also only show PCs in your own subnet. Once you select a PC, it will display all services on the machine and their current state. It also displays the OS, Service Pack, Install Date, Currently Logged On User, IP Address, MAC Address, Processor Type, Processor Speed, The Size of your Lotus Notes Mail DBs (if it exists, I need this info for my job), and the model of Dell PC you have (if you have a Dell, I also need this info for my job) and your Windows Product Key. Hopefully you find this useful. And don't yell at me about my code because my first goal was to get it working, which it does, my next step is major code cleanup.

Screenshot:

services_net.au3

subnet.au3

Edited by archrival

After trying to download this script at home, I noticed that the file on the server is services_net.au3, it should be services-net.au3, simple enough but could cause some to have a problem? Is there any interest in this at all?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello archrival o:) i have load it but wen i start it,he tell me this error!

Invalid Subnet Mask :) I have windows Xp Prof and the last beta version of autoit3

Pls fix it fast :whistle:

I use a Wlan netwörk :)

The Pick looks great dude :)

Thx you :lmao:

Edited by DirtyBanditos

Try the updated version I just posted. Hopefully it works better, it no longer depends on Subnet Mask being on a certain line number. I also do not take IP Address from the @IPAddress1 macro, it's also taken from ipconfig. It works for me, let me know how it works for you.

This looks really good - brilliant.

I like the work done with DLLcall and services - I will learn from that. :lmao:

In my own work environment using net view doesn't pick up all the PCs -so we would have to use a static list - (but then that wouldn't pick up ALL the PCs either!!)

Hello  archrival :) i have load it but wen i start it,he tell me this error!

Invalid Subnet Mask :whistle: I have windows Xp Prof and the last beta version of autoit3

Pls fix it fast :huh2:

I use a Wlan netwörk :)

The Pick looks great dude :)

Thx you :lmao:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello archival i have load the new version but have the self error dude)

I use Windows xp prof on a wlan netwörks!

I hope you can fix it! o:)

archrival uses ipconfig output in its script and try to match some language specific string (aka "localized"). Thus, if you do not use an English/US Windows version, the StringInStr won't match anything, finally giving you this error.

For instance, "IP address" is "Adresse IP" in French...

Anoying, but as archrival directly gave his source code, feel free to adapt or correct this.

Anyway, thanks to archrival for sharing!

Edited by LazyCoder
A good program computing A into B is mostly one that won't crash in all the other cases...

archrival uses  ipconfig output in its script and try to match some language specific string (aka "localized"). Thus, if you do not use an English/US Windows version, the StringInStr won't match anything, finally giving you this error.

For instance, "IP address" is "Adresse IP" in French...

Anoying, but as archrival directly gave his source code, feel free to adapt or correct this.

Anyway, thanks to archrival for sharing!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point, I know there are other ways of doing this, but since I'm in the USA, I don't have access to a non English OS. If someone were to point out a better way, I would certainly implement it. Like I said, my next step is code cleanup, more sanity checks, etc. I'm going to go line by line and make it much more efficient (and easier on the eyes, I get lost reading through this thing.

Well I added my own quick and dirty localization to this. Because I don't have access to a non-English Windows, I'll have to rely on you to tell me if it works for you. I think it will. It still works for me in English which is a good sign. :"> I've updated the attachment in the first post with the updated code.

I am just trying this.  This is very cool.

Error in Func _StopPCService()

Doesn't like $linenumber

But very nice.

J

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some questions: What OS are you using? How many machines in your domain? What service did you try to start? Was it the first service in the list. If you could provide the error output for me that would great! Because it says Columbus, Ohio, I assume you're using the US English version of Windows...

I imagine that script took a lot of work.  Thanks for sharing!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eh, in between my real work. I just wish that I could do most of the things I do without using vb script. I know there are ways to get some of the info I get without the scripts, but they don't always work and they are language dependent most of the time. Frankly, if I could write the DLL calls, I would, but then if I could do that, I'd want to program the entire thing in C++.

Updated again, I've made what I feel are some great improvements. Added tabs which allows for more information. Added retrieval of Actual WMI data from machine to determine manufacturer, model, serial number. Also added amount of RAM (lets hope you don't have a server with more than 16 memory slots), last reboot date and some hard drive info (right now it only displays information about c$, d$, e$ and f$), it also does not check if they exist, but it works.

Edit:

See screenshot for Tabs and the attachement has been updated as well.

Edited by archrival

Updated again, I've made what I feel are some great improvements. Added tabs which allows for more information. Added retrieval of Actual WMI data from machine to determine manufacturer, model, serial number. Also added amount of RAM (lets hope you don't have a server with more than 16 memory slots), last reboot date and some hard drive info (right now it only displays information about c$, d$, e$ and f$), it also does not check if they exist, but it works.

Edit:

See screenshot for Tabs and the attachement has been updated as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Archival thx for the update looks great,but i understand wat is the prob on the code,it works not for me but it is not a prob i use ohter great exampel :lmao:

The last error from your update of it !

Error retrieving domain computer list :wacko:

Hello Archival thx for the update looks great,but i understand wat is the prob on the code,it works not for me but it is not a prob i use ohter  great exampel :lmao: 

The last error from your update of it !

Error retrieving domain computer list :wacko:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should only receive that message if 'net view' returns no computers, not even your own... Are you on a domain or have a workgroup with more than 1 computer? It's possible that the workstation service is disabled, or that you have netbios over tcp/ip disabled. Something along those lines. In my script I also have some scripts to retrieve the PC list from an NT Domain controller as well as one from Active Directory, I don't do it this way because those show ALL computers that are part of the domain, regardless if they exist or not. Net view is nice because it shows all currently visible PCs, which can obviously change over time. I may switch to pacman's net view, I just have to justify requiring a DLL that's not part of windows. Currently I run builtin windows commands that should be fairly portable. I know I can use FileInstall() though, we'll see. Pacman's code does give me more options though, so I'm going to look into it. One thing I do realize now though, you are able to get past _GetIPSub(). My translation must have worked, I'm assuming you have a german edition of windows.

You should only receive that message if 'net view' returns no computers, not even your own... Are you on a domain or have a workgroup with more than 1 computer? It's possible that the workstation service is disabled, or that you have netbios over tcp/ip disabled. Something along those lines. In my script I also have some scripts to retrieve the PC list from an NT Domain controller as well as one from Active Directory, I don't do it this way because those show ALL computers that are part of the domain, regardless if they exist or not. Net view is nice because it shows all currently visible PCs, which can obviously change over time. I may switch to pacman's net view, I just have to justify requiring a DLL that's not part of windows. Currently I run builtin windows commands that should be fairly portable. I know I can use FileInstall() though, we'll see. Pacman's code does give me more options though, so I'm going to look into it. One thing I do realize now though, you are able to get past _GetIPSub(). My translation must have worked, I'm assuming you have a german edition of windows.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hello archival well big thx for your nice help coment :lmao:

yes i use on a big wlan netwörk and the workstion is enable but i think the netbios is dessable and the windows script host :)

Wen i come later at home then i look wat is exat problem for it :)

and packmans exampel wörks for me wis no probs i have self made my Ip gui and it works ,but yours looks very great from the pick o:)

I hope i found a way to use your script !

I have Windows Xp Prof German!full no cracked version of it :whistle:

Big thx for spend all the free time for my probs to use your tool) :)

Updated once again, I use pacman's netview now so this requires his au3xtratest.dll. I no longer use ipconfig or nbtstat to retrieve info (should fix all language issues). I also combined some scripts into pcinfo.vbs, removed the references to other scripts and some code cleanup. The program should function the same, but the underlying code is a little better. Obviously this requires the scripting host to be running (otherwise this is fairly useless). Also the remote machines need the remote registry, server and wmi services running.

Updated code:

AU3XtraTest.dll

Edited by archrival

• 1 year later...