AutoItSetOption value

Champak

• Moderators

Yes, but that does not solve my issue.

When you use a variable = Opt(), the variable will equal the "previous" value before you set it with this value.

Let's say that CaretCoordMode currently = 1.

We set it:

$variable = Opt("CaretCoordMode", 2)

$variable will equal 1, which is handy when you want to do something fast, and reset it back to its original settings for the rest of your functions.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Developers

Is it possible to get the value of AutoItSetOptions? Ex. $value = Opt("CaretCoordMode", 2), where $value would = 2.

Why would you need this as you set it yourself in the script?

Anyways:

Return Value

Returns the value of the previous setting for the option.

edit: as Smoke_n shows :)

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@Champak

Can you explain more in detail what you want? Your first post doesn't make much sense since you already know the value should be 2 (how else could you use it in Opt()?)

Just to note, Opt("OptionName") (with no parameters) will return the current option value without set the option :).

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif
==================================================

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

• Moderators

Just to note, Opt("OptionName") (with no parameters) will return the current option value without set the option :).

Yeah, that was said in post number 2. But if it's already in memory with a variable, no need to play around unless you are running from function to function and don't want to make it a global.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Why would you need this as you set it yourself in the script?

I have this need in some of my scripts, where the option value gets changed temporarily in functions. I don't want to track the current value in a Global because there would have to be a Global for each function that might change it.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law