Incremental File Backup

tazdev

http://home.covad.net/~tazdev/autoit/mydocsbackup-g.au3

The script will copy 6 specific file types (DOC XLS PPT TXT MDB MSG) to a server folder and only copy over the files that are newer than those on the server. Progress bar and results at the end of it. A text file is created as well with results as to what files were copied over and when it was done.

Thanks to all the help I received here. I tried to put in a LOT of notes so that you could actually read it and understand the process. That way if you can improve it then it won't be so hard to think through. :lmao:

Sounds like a great tool tazdev !

As I'm unable to test your script, I have to ask you if you have

made it possible to set up a schedule for when it should back up the files..

If not, then this would be a great addition..

Edited by Helge

I would think with Microsoft Scheduler in Windows you could set it to run at a specific time. I would like to change the Progress Bar to have a cancel button on it. I am going to work on that I just haven't looked at it long enough to figure out how to set it up. :lmao:

I also want to change the start so that it will backup the folder you specify and perhaps the filetypes. But at that point why not just use Explorer.

• 2 years later...

Script looks great to me, just what I wanted. But when I go to the website , I get just one long line of coding. Do you have an example with CRLF in it ?

Just right click on his link and choose "save as", and it will be a perfect .au3 file you can then open! :)