_IE* Not Working?

athanatis

I am trying to write a script that would navigate to a login page and log in for me. I've looked in the helpfile for examples, and they all begin with something along the lines of:

$oIE = _IECreate ("http://www.google.com")

But _IECreate doesn't work properly. When I try to run the example scripts, two IE windows would open. The first opened window stays on "Loading...", while the second navigates to the correct page. Then any code that refers to $oIE (for example $oForm = _IEFormGetCollection ($oIE, 0)) doesn't run.

I've also tried using

$oIE = ShellExecute("http://www.google.com")

But the $oIE instructions after that don't run either.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Are you using Internet Explorer?

Because _IE means Internet Explorer.

It doenst work with Mozilla Firefox or any other.

AlmarM

Minesweeper

A minesweeper game created in autoit, source available.

_Mouse_UDF

An UDF for registering functions to mouse events, made in pure autoit.

2D Hitbox Editor

A 2D hitbox editor for quick creation of 2D sphere and rectangle hitboxes.

Yeah, I'm using Internet Explorer. And Vista too :)

Is there any way around the problem?

I have several scripts that use the _IE* functions on vista and have no issues. What version of IE are you using? The only issue I have found w/ the _IE* functions NOT working are as follows:

• Improper usage of the commands.
  • IE8 is installed
  • IE has been removed from Add/Remove

Thanks!

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.

Yeah, I'm using Internet Explorer. And Vista too :)

Is there any way around the problem?

Start by reading the helpfile, the Vista problem is written about in _IECreate()

Yes. Please look at the documentation for _IECreate! There is an issues on Vista caused by the introduction of new "security" features. The workaround is simple.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble