Newbie here... wants to execute a pretty simple task.

Hello all,

To be honest I am not very good at scripting/programming and I was wondering if you guys could help me out with something.

Basically, I would like to set up a script for AutoIt that basically runs these commands:

Opens firefox

Directs itself to a specified URL

Mouse left-clicks at specified x,y coordinates

waits about 2 seconds

then another left-click at specified x,y, coordinates

and so on.

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

-Michael

Hello all,

To be honest I am not very good at scripting/programming and I was wondering if you guys could help me out with something.

Basically, I would like to set up a script for AutoIt that basically runs these commands:

Opens firefox

Directs itself to a specified URL

Mouse left-clicks at specified x,y coordinates

waits about 2 seconds

then another left-click at specified x,y, coordinates

and so on.

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

-Michael

Shellexecute("www.website.com")
winwaitactive("titleofwindow")
sleep(500); to allow page to load when it spots window
Mouseclick("button" ,x ,y)

make sure mozilla is your defualt browser

Shellexecute("www.website.com")
winwaitactive("titleofwindow")
sleep(500); to allow page to load when it spots window
Mouseclick("button" ,x ,y)

make sure mozilla is your defualt browser

Thank you so much for the help!

I will try to configure this to what I am trying to do.

If I run into any further problems I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks again,

-Michael

There's a Au3Info.exe in autoit directory, it it what you're asking for

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

Thank you d4rk, that was exactly what I was looking for!

Ah! I cannot believe how well this is going!

Now I have another question,

Is there a command to scroll the mouse down the page?

Or perhaps there is a command to hold down the left-click button for a specified number of seconds?

Thank you,

-Michael

Thank you d4rk, that was exactly what I was looking for!

Ah! I cannot believe how well this is going!

Now I have another question,

Is there a command to scroll the mouse down the page?

Or perhaps there is a command to hold down the left-click button for a specified number of seconds?

Thank you,

-Michael

MouseDown("left")
Sleep(4000); 4 seconds
MouseUp("left")

MouseClick()

Send("PageDown"); look in the send keys (help file)

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

Thank you so much for all of these quick replies!

Hmm.. this seems a bit complicated but I was wondering if it's possible to execute a task that searches for a string of text and moves the mouse to that text.

I had just realized that the page I am doing all this stuff on changes periodically, so many of the coordinates will not work time to time.

EDIT: I have also just found the help file so I will try and reference that before I ask too many questions.

EDIT2: I may have found another way to complete the task, I might not need to know how to search for a string of text.

Edited by twisted2253

Thank you so much for all of these quick replies!

Hmm.. this seems a bit complicated but I was wondering if it's possible to execute a task that searches for a string of text and moves the mouse to that text.

I had just realized that the page I am doing all this stuff on changes periodically, so many of the coordinates will not work time to time.

EDIT: I have also just found the help file so I will try and reference that before I ask too many questions.

EDIT2: I may have found another way to complete the task, I might not need to know how to search for a string of text.

Reading windows i cant help with but whats other complete task?