OMFG I NED HELP FAST!

buzz44

omfg.... i was testing my own program on my comp .... and it copies itself to c:\windows\ sytstem32\krnl387.exe ... and rights stuff to registry to boot on startup .. well now ... ITS ALL GONE HORRIBLY WRONG ... and i cant delete it ... it says it is in use ... i boot up in safe mode ... check task manager ... theres is like 5 processes running .. eg .. svchost.exe .. csrss.exe etc.... i try delete and it STILL says it is in use.... i think i remember when i first started posting .. seeing a script that tells you what program another program is in use by ... i was hopeing to find this script so that i could use it on my program and FIND WHAT THE HELL IS STOPPING ME FROM DELETING IT .... if anyone knows PLEASE post .. cause i dont want to get another harddrive with an os on it and boot this one up as a slave just to delete ... plz if anyone knows i would REALLY appreciate it ..

thx

qq

omg i just stuffed my post u p

wat is recovery console and it doesnt appear in task manager .... the program isnt runnig but it sez it is in use my another program

i tried system restore and it failed

Edited by burrup

qq

Hi,

I had a similar problem once with a file which I couldn't delete because it was used by some strange process. I managed to figure out which one it was with the help of Process Explorer (http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml). That way I could kill the process and delete the file. Just like you I tried really everyhting else before that with no luck.

Hope this helps

Alex

I GOT IT YAY >!!!!

i made a script

ProcessClose("explorer.exe")
Sleep(5000)
FileDelete ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\krnl387.exe")

ran it .. and its gone ... anyone have any ideas y it is in use by explorer.exe?

edit : thanks everyone for the people that DID help .. and ty for that link .. i am dloading it as we speak

Edited by burrup

qq