Finding and using custom buttons on a keyboard

yousifucv

I was wondering how I could use custom buttons on your keyboard (eg. Media buttons, Volume Buttons, etc...) or even extra mouse buttons for HotKeySet and _IsPressed. The scripts I found here only worked at finding the default keys.

Thanks.

Edited by yousifucv

I was wondering how I could use custom buttons on your keyboard (eg. Media buttons, Volume Buttons, etc...) or even extra mouse buttons for HotKeySet and _IsPressed. The scripts I found here only worked at finding the default keys.

Thanks.

For _IsPressed()

80H-87H

F17 key - F24 key

When the words fail... music speaks.

Did you even do a search? This question has been asked before. Search for "Media buttons".

Yes I did. Nothing came up, and nothing comes up still.

For _IsPressed()

80H-87H

F17 key - F24 key

I don't know what I'm supposed to do with this.

You already have {MEDIA_NEXT}, {MEDIA_PREV} etc in the helpfile, what more do you need?

I don't see how this has to do with anything I asked for.

I don't see how this has to do with anything I asked for.

That was what you asked for, maybe you should try to be more precise in your questions

I'm trying to find out how I could use these extra keyboard and mouse buttons to do whatever I want them to do using HotKeySet and _IsPressed.

And what is more extra if not key functions (F13-F24) or what AdmiralAlkex say about {MEDIA_NEXT}, {MEDIA_PREV}.

You have some prototype keyboard?

When the words fail... music speaks.

I'm trying to find out how I could use these extra keyboard and mouse buttons to do whatever I want them to do using HotKeySet and _IsPressed.

In the helpfile under "Send" is a table where you find what you are searching, these values can be used with HotKeySet too.

For ispressed you can discover the values like this:

#include <misc.au3>

while(true)
    Local $val
    $val = _IsAnyKeyPressed()
    if ( $val > -1 ) Then
        MsgBox(0, "", '_IsPressed("' & StringRight(String(Hex($val)), 2) & '")')
    EndIf
WEnd
Func _IsAnyKeyPressed($start = 0, $end = 255)
    For $i = $start to $end
        if (_IsPressed(Hex($i))) Then return $i
    Next
    return -1
EndFunc

EDIT: Changed MsgBox output to _IsPressed style.

Edited by danwilli

Thanks danwilli, but thats just like the other script I found. It doesn't work, it doesn't find values for my custom buttons.

I guess there isn't a way.

Thanks again.

I am thinking that his can be done, but may involve a dll call to hook the keyboard...

I would have tested the script for you first, but I don't have any fancy keyboards, all standard white qwerty boards :)

I guess this is the part where we wait for one of the smart people to come make us look like fools LMAO