i need your help

SunYatSen

I think that is a positive step.

Am I to hold Microsoft accountable for every batch script that does something harmful to my PC? NO!!! The same thing with autoIt.

I can however submit the file to my AV company to make sure that I and other users do not execute the code in the future.

I am sorry, but at the rate this is going, if we keep writing removal tools, IMHO we will have a lot more of these requests (It will get harder and harder to differentiate the victims from the virus writers).

Got a virus? Got AntiVirus that doesn't detect it? SUBMIT THE DAMN FILE!!! (To the AV company)

AutoIt is already facing many problems with AV companies because of false positive warnings, and if we did not helped people to remove viruses then one day all autoit exe's and scripts will be detected as a virus and no one will trust on autoit files. i really love AutoIt and don't want it to happen.

Website: www.cerescode.comForum: www.forum.cerescode.comIRC: irc.freenode.net , Channel: #Ceres--------------------Autoit Wrappers, Great additions to your script (Must See) (By: Valuater)Read It Befor Asking Question Click Here...--------------------Join Monoceres's Forums http://www.monoceres.se--------------------There are three kinds of people: Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who ask, ‘What happened?’” –Casey Stengel

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is my opinion: nobody in his right mind would risk a lawsuit by knowing and willingly infect other people's pcs! and risk loosing his/her business

Edited by TheMadman

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not sure about the former -Alber EinsteinPractice makes perfect! but nobody's perfect so why practice at all?http://forum.ambrozie.ro

• Moderators

I wrote the virus remover yesterday (took about 3 minutes), but was very apprehensive to release yet another fix for it. I was hoping to bring some if not all the culprits out in the open. And I guess it worked some.

Please note that there have been several people banned today, some directly related to the issue.

For those that read this thread. AutoIt itself is not a virus, it's a programming language, it can be used to help ease the pain of every day repetitive task. And as a programming language can also be used to create havoc. You wouldn't be disgruntle with a language such as C's or VB or such because you had a virus written in it. You'd simply find a solution.

So the solution is such. Submit the executable(s) to your AV company, tell them what it does. Do a system restore (this should have worked) to a previous date before you received the virus. If that doesn't work, then do as other suggest and run a distro of another OS on a partition drive to manually go in and delete the viruses.

To all users... If threads like this start again, do yourself a favor and just stay out of it. A mod will indeed find it, and hopefully we will take the appropriate actions. But you're feeding a really poor coders ego when you post in these threads.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.