No right clicking?

Juggernaut

Okay, i've just recently reformatted my computer. Before, I could right click and create new scripts, and also right click to run scripts. Now, the scripts just appear as a text document, and I cannot right click them to run them, or edit them. I also cannot right click to create new scripts. Doing it using the program way, is just a hassle, and its much easier the old way. Does anyone know how i can get that working again?

Well no. You know the drop down menu when you right click? From there, there were options like "Create new...AutoItv3 Script". THere were also 2 options when right clicking a script there were "Run Script" and "Edit Script" and now after reformatting, it doesn't do that anymore.

Nope, not vista. And I am on an administrator, was on one both times too.

You need some registry settings. These would normally be set by installing AutoIt so try updating or reinstalling.

Here is an example of adding a menu item to explorer's context menu.

$KeyName = "Edit file with SciTE";just a unique reference which won't be displayed
$ContextMenuName = "Edit with SciTE";what you see in the menu
$ProgramToRun = @ProgramDir & "\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTE.exe""
RegWrite("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\" & $KeyName & "\command", '', 'REG_SZ', '"' & $ProgramToRun & '" "%1"'); the %1 will be the file you right click over
RegWrite("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\" & $KeyName, '', 'REG_SZ', $ContextMenuName)
MsgBox(0, "Done", $ProgramToRun & " option has been added to the file context menu")
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.