Project Database v5 (Having issues with PD5) POLL!

TehWhale

Project Database  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should I continue this project or let it die?

• Continue it!! It's good!
    • Continue it eventhough I wouldn't use it
    • These forums don't need that, drop it
    • I don't find it useful, drop it.

Project Database v5!

This is a simple database for AutoIt users. This database uses a Crypt.dll file to help secure the database from prowling eyes. This database is not 100% secure, but it is very secure, for now the database encryption password, if the database path itself. I decided to write this in my spare time for those users who think _SQLite_* is a bit complicated. Sqlite is somewhat slow, and compared to this, it is VERY slow, Crypt.dll can mass encrypt files super fast. I hope you use this UDF in your next project! Hope it all works out, and please post any comment you want to. If you have something bad to say, say it! I'll just take it as constructive criticism. Very last, thank you jpam for your Crypt.dll.

When creating a new database with _Db_* functions, remember to allocate your index first with _Db_AddIndexes(). If you do not allocate your database first, it will crash your .exe, or AutoIt script executer. This sets up your database file to hold data, depending on how big you set your index to be. After you have done this, then use _Db_Write() freely, but make sure that you have that index before tring to write to it.

Getting started...

1) Download the Project Database.zip at the bottom of the page, and then return to here

2) Unzip the .zip to your desktop, or where ever

3) Take a look at the Database EX Simple.au3 or, Database EX Advanced.au3 and choose which best fixs you

4) Execute the source code, and debug message box will tell you what it has done, and when reading it

5) Click here and post your comment

6) Use this is your next program! :)

Enjoy!

Included in the zip:

1) Db.dll (by jpam) (Just Crypt.dll renamed)

2) Database.au3

3) Database EX Simple.au3

4) Database EX Advanced.au3

Downloads:

Do not download right now, unless you really feel the need, I'm having multiple issues with it.

Project_Database_v5.zip

Total Downloads: 152

SciTe_User_Calltips.txt

Mirrors: (Do not use unless the above is broken)

Project Database v4.zip

Edited by SwiftBurns

Project Database v3 uploaded!

Updated! I fixed a few bugs with the program, now you must set your index before writing to that database. Remember that it can slow down encryption/decrytion when you have a huge index, your best bet would be to increase the size when you need to. Better example, more comments, cleaned source! Enjoy, I will be back tomorrow and i'm hoping for some either good, or bad, comments from you guys!

Edited by SwiftBurns

its good project... :)

Thanks!

Haven't tested it yet, I only had a look at the code ... it looks good >_<

I guess I'll have a need for such a tool sometime.

Thanks for sharing it.

Well try it out, I provided a nice example! :idiot:

Seems like a nice project, keep going.

I sure hope crypt.dll will be unneeded in future versions.

Crypt.dll is the main encryption .dll, I'll find a way to remove it or something but so it still works correctly.

Thanks for all of your comments!

No, not like IniWrite, but it's just a encrypted database. Your index is basically what line the file is writing too. I provide a Simple example and a advanced user example in my .zip. You use the _Db_AddIndexes() First, and set how many spots you want open for data, and then you can use the _Db_Write to write to any of the indexes you created with _Db_addIndexes().

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't notice anyone posted here.

Pssst, I found line 104 in Database.au3 the $Indexes needed renamed to $nIndexes.. Nice script btw..

Thanks.

I think I'm going to do a rewrite of the whole thing, because I'm having some issues with it. After you write all the data, and then read it, from my example script, if you run it again, it's says the index is a negitive number. Then, the read of the script fails because it's using _Crypt_GetIndex, and that fails because the index got to negitives. So I am planning a rewrite today when I get home from school, and it should fix this problem, because I find this UDF very useful, as it's fast, and encrypted, but I would like your input on the subject, whether I should continue this project, or let it drop. I'll be adding a poll option soon.