How do I get the Select to highlight in IE

Hello,

I am new to Autoit (today) and I am having trouble figuring out how to jump to the ListItem's in multiple ItemList. I want to use the IE methods just need to know which ones to use. I think my problem might extend from the listitem box's are nested inside of a form element. I do not have a current script because the one I was playing with is all over from trying so many different things. Below is the HTML section that has the multiple ItemList boxes in it and a screen shot is attached to make it easier to see what I mean.

<form id="publish-new-package-form" enctype="multipart/form-data" action="publishNewPackage" method="post">

<div style="padding: 30px;">

<input id="package-application-id" type="hidden" value="1" name="applicationID"/>

<table class="clear" border="1">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td>

<div style="margin-bottom: 10px;">Subscriber Group:</div>

<select id="package-select-subscriber-group" class="fixed" onchange="validatePackageMapComboCount('package')" style="width: 150px;" size="5" multiple="1" name="group">

<option value="default">(default)</option>

<option value="51">Blacklisted</option>

<option value="103">Emulated devices</option>

<option value="1">Opt Out</option>

<option value="102">SahiGroup</option>

<option value="104">tgroup722400832</option>

</select>

</td>

<td>

<div style="margin-bottom: 10px;">Network:</div>

<select id="package-select-network" class="fixed" size="5" onchange="validatePackageMapComboCount('package')" style="width: 150px;" multiple="1" name="network">

<option value="3">All</option>

<option value="2">Network367549980</option>

<option value="1">Network879545144</option>

**OPTIONS CUT FOR WORK REASONS**

</select>

</td>

<td style="display: none;">

</td>

<td>

<div style="margin-bottom: 10px;">Device Type:</div>

<select id="package-select-device-type" class="fixed" size="5" onchange="validatePackageMapComboCount('package')" style="width: 150px;" multiple="1" name="deviceType">

<option value="4">6680</option>

<option value="10">All</option>

<option value="11">TestThingy</option>

<option value="5">OhNoesNStuff</option>

**OPTIONS CUT FOR WORK REASONS

</select>

</td>

<td>

<div style="margin-bottom: 10px;">Locale:</div>

<select id="package-select-locale" class="fixed" size="5" onchange="validatePackageMapComboCount('package')" style="width: 150px;" multiple="1" name="locale">

<option value="4">All</option>

<option value="2">Locale775167</option>

<option value="1">Locale999392</option>

<option value="5">UK English</option>

<option value="3">US</option>

<option value="6">US English</option>

</select>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2">

<textarea id="package-notes-package-hidden" style="display: none;" name="packageNotes"/>

<input id="package-path-hidden" type="hidden" value="" name="pathFull"/>

<div class="manage-packages-publish-file-div">

<div style="margin-bottom: 10px;">Package:</div>

<div>

<input id="package-path" type="file" name="package"/>

</div>

</div>

</td>

<td colspan="2">

<div>

<div class="notes">Package Notes:</div>

<div>

<textarea id="package-notes-package" class="notes" maxlength="1000" name="displayNotes"/>

</div>

</div>

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

</div>

</form>

If anyone can direct me to the write methods to use or a know way of getting to this I would much appreciate it

Note: Some values from the HTML are removed for work related reasons.

Any help would be much appropriated,

Thanks thanks thanks

CubicleJockey (Autoit newbie)

post-41094-1222986772_thumb.gif

Start by looking at _IEFormGetObjByName, _IEFormElementGetObjectByName and _IEFormElementOptionselect

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Hello again,

This was my first attempt at these functions.

I tried using the methods you gave me in These sets of functions. You can ignore the Logging methods those are in house things. selectFromFormElementOption and it doesn't seem to do anything, not even error have tried all scenerios like byValue, byText and byIndex.

Below are the two functions that I am using in and they don't seem to be doing anything. I know the AssertFormByName works because we have other in-house stuff using that one just find that is just for reference for the selectFromFormElementOption function. The html that I am getting the tags form are in the orignal post above: The Values I am trying to pass to selectFromFormElementOption are:

selectFromFormElementOption("publish-new-package-form", "group", "Emulated device", 1, "ByText") (group is the name of the element also tried the id)

Func assertFormByName($form, $lAssertWaitTime = $assertWaitTime, $o_object = $oGlobalBrowserInstance, $logging = 0, $index = 0)

$functionName = "assertFormByName()"

checkPerformanceMonitoring($functionName)

_IELoadWait($o_object)

;Varible for how many times user has passed through the loop
    $loopNumber = 0

;Check value to end the loop if a success is found
    $checkValue = 0

;Perform loop while value is not found, and the loop count is less or equal to the wait time set.
    While($checkValue = 0 and $loopNumber <= $lAssertWaitTime)      

;Get Element Object
        $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($o_object, $form, $index)

;See if Element Object has rendered on the screen       
        $ocheckValue = _IELoadWait($oForm)

;If Success
        If($ocheckValue = 1) Then

;log success
            If $logging = 0 Then
                writeLog("success", "Form: <B>" & $form & "</B> rendered successfully.", $functionName)
            EndIf

Return $oForm

;No Success: wait for 1 second or log a failure
        Elseif($ocheckValue = 0) Then

;If it hasn't exhausted the amount of times to go through the loop, then wait a second, and increase the loop number
            If($loopNumber < $lAssertWaitTime) Then

;Wait for 1 second
                Sleep(1000)

;Increase Loop Number
                $loopNumber = $loopNumber + 1

;If it has exhausted how many times to go through the loop, log a failure and increase the loop number to kick out of the loop
            Else
                ;Log Failure
                If $logging = 0 Then
                    writeLog("failure", "Form: <B>" & $form & "</B> did not rendered in <B>" & $loopNumber & "</B> seconds.", $functionName)
                EndIf

Return 0

EndIf
        EndIf       
    WEnd
EndFunc

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;Function: selectFromFormElementOption()
;;Written by: André Davis
;;Date: 10/03/2008
;;
;;Description: 
;;     This function lets the user select a value from a ElementOptionselect
;;
;;Variables:
;;  $form - Form that the ElementOptionselect is found in
;;  $elemenet - The element (Optionselect) to select items from
;;  $selectValueOrIndex - Item to be selected either by the name or the index value
;;  $selectMode - Specifies if the selection should be selected (1), deselected (0) or just return the state(-1), defaults to select (1)
;;  $selectMatch - Specifies how the $selectValueOrIndex is match, Value("byValue"), Text("byText") or Index("byIndex"), defaults to Value
;;  $lAssertWaitTime - Amount of time to wait
;;  $o_object - The object that the element is found within
;;  $logging - Whether to log or not, should be replaced by the global logging variable.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Func selectFromFormElementOption($form, $element, $selectValueOrIndex, $selectMode = 1, $selectMatch = "byValue", $lAssertWaitTime = $assertWaitTime, $o_object = $oGlobalBrowserInstance, $logging = True)

Local $functionName = "selectFromFormElementOptionByValue"

checkPerformanceMonitoring($functionName)

Local $oForm = assertFormByName($form, $lAssertWaitTime, $o_object, $logging)

If Not IsObj($oForm) Then
        If $logging == 0 Then
            writeLog("failure", "Function could not continue becuase <B>" & $form & "</B> form could not be found on screen.", $functionName)
        EndIf
        Return 0
    EndIf

$formElement = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, $element)

If $formElement == 0 Then
        If $logging == True Then        
            If @error == 3 Then
                writeLog("failure", "Failed while searching for <B>'" & $element & "'</B> becasue there was Invalid Data Type", $functionName)
            ElseIf @error == 4 Then
                writeLog("failure", "Failed while searching for <B>'" & $element & "'</B> becasue there was Invalid Object Type", $functionName)
            ElseIf @error == 7 Then
                writeLog("failure", "Failed while searching for <B>'" & $element & "'</B> becasue there was No Match", $functionName)
            Else
                writeLog("failure", "Element serach failed for unknown reason while seraching for element '" & $element & "'", $functionName)
            EndIF
        EndIf
    Else
        If $logging == True Then
            writeLog("success", "Element <B>'" & $element & "' </B> was found", $functionName)
        EndIf
    EndIf

$select = _IEFormElementOptionselect($formElement, $selectValueOrIndex, $selectMode, $selectMatch)

If $select == "0" Then
        If $logging == True Then
            If $selectMode == 1 Then
                writeLog("failure", "Select <B>" & $selectValueOrIndex & "</B> failed in selection mode.", $functionName)
            ElseIf $selectMode == 0 Then
                writeLog("failure", "Select <B>" & $selectValueOrIndex & "</B> failed in deselection mode.", $functionName)
            Else
                writeLog("failure", "Select <B>" & $selectValueOrIndex & "</B> failed in return value mode.", $functionName)
            EndIf
        EndIF
    ElseIf $select == "1" Then 
        If $logging = True Then
            If $selectMode == 1 Then
                writeLog("success", "Select <B>" & $selectValueOrIndex & "</B> failed in selection mode.", $functionName)
            ElseIf $selectMode == 0 Then
                writeLog("success", "Select <B>" & $selectValueOrIndex & "</B> failed in deselection mode.", $functionName)
            Else
                writeLog("success", "Select <B>" & $selectValueOrIndex & "</B> failed in return value mode.", $functionName)
            EndIf
        EndIf
    EndIf 

Return $select
EndFunc

If anyone can point out any obvious mistakes or no no's I pulled that would be wonderful.

I am also open to have a simple example of html and a small select writting for me to have a prototype using _IEFormGetObjByName, _IEFormElementGetObjectByName and _IEFormElementOptionselect

All help is appreciated very much and thank you ahead for your time and teachings.

CubicleJockey

Edited by CubicleJockey

Can you describe a specific example of what you want to accomplish? Also, did you try running the examples in the helpfile? They are all stand-alone, complete code examples... run them and play with them.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I think I found the problem the form that I am working with is only listed this way <form id="publish-new-package-form" enctype="multipart/form-data" action="publishNewPackage" method="post">

The method I need to get the form obj with is called _IEFormGetObjByName and all I have is the ID.

Is there a work around for this I tried passing it the ID and doesn't seem to be working with the ID over the name?

Thanks

I think I found the problem the form that I am working with is only listed this way <form id="publish-new-package-form" enctype="multipart/form-data" action="publishNewPackage" method="post">

The method I need to get the form obj with is called _IEFormGetObjByName and all I have is the ID.

Is there a work around for this I tried passing it the ID and doesn't seem to be working with the ID over the name?

Thanks

Nevermind I got it to work so to answer the question I just posted about the being able to get the Form by ID the answer is yes!

Thanks

Dale